sealed or unsealed...

• Discuss sealed or unsealed... in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i was wonderin...wut is the difference between unsealed or sealed pedals....cause im lookin at these pedals and the sealed ones are cost more than the... ...
K

Kaps

sealed or unsealed... post #1
i was wonderin...wut is the difference between unsealed or sealed pedals....cause im lookin at these pedals and the sealed ones are cost more than the unsealed ones...thx

415fsxrules

sealed or unsealed... post #2
sealed are more expensive because the can't get like dirt and that crap in them because they are sealed and i am guessing they cost more to make.

G

sealed or unsealed... post #3
What sealed is, is the bearings are in little/big cartridges and unsealed is where they are not in cartridges. As above the advantages are that dust and little bits cant get in, with unsealed they can. Also sealed is alot smoother than unsealed. Out

H

HaRdCoReStrEEtZ

sealed or unsealed... post #4
and sealed bearings last longer. its worth buying sealed products.

I

infantry43RIDER

sealed or unsealed... post #5
maybe...i had snafu pedals that were sealed..snapped and i got some new primo tenderizers...lasted longer

415fsxrules

sealed or unsealed... post #6
Sam A R how come u always go out :D

E

evanc

sealed or unsealed... post #7
infantry43RIDER said:
maybe...i had snafu pedals that were sealed..snapped and i got some new primo tenderizers...lasted longer
No shit? Of course the Primos are going to last longer, they're totally different designs.

Anway, sealed pedals can have a bigger spindle, but it's usually the same as their unsealed counterparts. They cost more because the sealed bearings themselves are more, instead of little balls of metal. Unsealed can put more wear on the pedal bodies if they're not tightened correctly, and the bearings on the sealeds will last longer. But, for all practical purposes, you'll need new pedals before the bearings die. It's your choice. Is twice the price worth the extra simplicity?

L

leon_luxton

sealed or unsealed... post #8
PEDALS.

What pedals should i get,KHE PVC PEDALS OR KHE STIMULATOR PEDALS.best for flatland

E

evanc

sealed or unsealed... post #9
Stimulator.

L

leon_luxton

sealed or unsealed... post #10
I

infantry43RIDER

sealed or unsealed... post #11
i agree with evanc...the stimulator

S

Super S***

sealed or unsealed... post #12
if u want the best pedals(in my opinion) get DMR v12 magnisium they are great buy mabie not for flatland

O

oibmxpunx

sealed or unsealed... post #13
sealed last longer

E

evanc

sealed or unsealed... post #14
Bullshit. The bearings will last longer, but regardless of bearing design, you'll need new pedals by the time you need new bearings.

M

MrPowderCoat

sealed or unsealed... post #15
evanc said:
Bullshit. The bearings will last longer, but regardless of bearing design, you'll need new pedals by the time you need new bearings.
Very true. Also the most common cause of bearing failure in pedals is from the spindle being bent. When that happens, it doesn't matter if they are sealed or not.

415fsxrules

sealed or unsealed... post #16
MrPowderCoat said:
evanc said:
Very true. Also the most common cause of bearing failure in pedals is from the spindle being bent. When that happens, it doesn't matter if they are sealed or not.
exactly :)

New Topics