SCREW THESE COMPANIES

• Discuss SCREW THESE COMPANIES in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Alright, even though I'll probably catch hell for dissing them, these 3 stores/companies have all screwed me over in little ways, all at the same time... ...
  • Tags bike bmx mailorder parts
P

P.O.edPOVRIDER

SCREW THESE COMPANIES post #1
Alright, even though I'll probably catch hell for dissing them, these 3 stores/companies have all screwed me over in little ways, all at the same time. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

1. Dans Comp
*Wrong chain, same charge
*Wrong chainbreaker, same charge
*Simply forgot 2 of the brake cables I ordered
2. Standard
*After a little email asking what grade bolts are recommended for the peg bosses, they offered to send me some, follow up emails offered encouragement that they would be on the way the moment they found the right set up, never heard from them sence, even with 2 emails i sent them asking what the heck was up.

3. Last but not least, The Ski Hut botched trueing my wheels completely, first ording the wrong axle, thus rendering them unable to even try to true my front wheel, second, trueing my rear wheel with a what they called "little hop" which turned out to be a rather large little hop at that.

Now, i know that all these seem pretty little, but for me it adds up when it all happens at once, im just trying to rebuild my bike and it feels like i have to fight just to get an axle, or a chain, or a ROUND wheel.
Anyways, i guess at the least they could try and work on getting things right, heck i wouldnt mind getting treated like crap, if they sent the right stuff.

8) now i feel much better

N

Not Danny Tanner

SCREW THESE COMPANIES post #2
Dan's Comp is awful. Do everything you can to keep from ordering from there. Shady things always seem to go down there. Albe's is the greatest mail order of all time.

A

aaronbrimmer

SCREW THESE COMPANIES post #3
albe's is really expensive dude........I was looking to get a bike package everything but the frame and it was like 4 times the price and danscomp.com.... for the price differance i would ranther bit-ch slap danscomp.com a few times and have them get it right....

C

conrad williamson

SCREW THESE COMPANIES post #4
aaron brimmer- there are three things you should know

1. dan's comp is the worst mailorder/company ever. it is owned by nothing but corporate scum (dan ducksworth). they are out to get your money and are not interested in helping the common man (us). i know that i would rather spend an extra dollar or two and give that money to good people (albe's) , rather than saving a few bucks and giving my money to "the man".

2. i highly doubt that albe's would have an identical bike as dan's that is priced 4 times as much. it just doesnt work that way...plus albe's offers many more options than dan's. you say that you should bitch slap dan's....ha, i laugh at that because the fact of the matter is that dan's is the one bitch slapping you.

3. the most important one to remember of all three. dan ducksworth has a mustache.

A

aaronbrimmer

SCREW THESE COMPANIES post #5
Do you know both of these company owners personaly? How do you know that they aren't the same kinda people? Just because you don't have problems with their service doesn't matter.....The man as you call it is probibly the same in both of these companies.....Unless you have SOLID PROOF other wise I don't wanna hear it dude! :twisted:

N

Not Danny Tanner

SCREW THESE COMPANIES post #6
Aaron. Dan's Comp is the scourge of the biking industry. Where to start...

1. Dan's Comp isn't even owned by Dan Ducksworth any more. He sold the mail order to a large corporation called Alloy. Alloy owns CCS, A GIRLS CLOTHES MAILORDER, and many other small retail shops. Giving money to Alloy will only hurt the biking industry far too much.

2. Dan's is a BMX monopoly. By purchasing the company, Alloy owns 30% of the biking industry. With this much of the bike industry in their possession, Alloy can really do anything they want, and the rest of the industry couldn't do anything about it. I really don't feel that a large conglomerate should own so much of a sport that I love.

3. Take a look at Dan's history. If you didn't know, Dan's started to bootleg Terrible One shirts before Joe and Taj owned a patent on the company. This is taking money from people who are doing their own thing to make the bike industry a better place. I have also talked with people who order parts and get cheap forgeries. A guy I was talking to on BMXBOARD said he ordered a Og Kink sprocket, paid full price, and was sent a old Hoffman sprocket with the "KINK" stamped on the back. He posted a picture and it showed the Hoffman logo on the back and it WAS NOT a Kink sprocket.

4. As far as Albes being overpriced, that is not true at all. While the
Dan's Comp parts packages are far cheaper, you have to look at what you are getting in the package. Dan's is made with the cheapest possible generic Taiwanese parts, Poverty. That is why Dan's is so cheap. Albe's on the other hand gives you very quality parts for the price, Ex. Profile cranks, any handle bars you want, and bascially any part you would like in the kit (within reason, of course). Albes also price matches, so if you tell them that Dan's has something a few bucks cheaper, they will equal the price.

5. You even said that you had customer service problems with Dan's. My friends and I have all ordered from Albe's probably 50 times. Not a single one of us have had a problem, ever. We all will remain loyal Albe's customers for life.

6. I have personally met Flip, who is an Albe's employee at Chenga. Flip was probably one of the nicest people I have ever talked to.

7. Todd the owner of Albe's rides.

8. MacNeil, Alliance, Terrible One, Tree, and many other companies I can't think of at this moment don't sell to Dan's. I wonder why...

Albe's is the greatest.

A

aaronbrimmer

SCREW THESE COMPANIES post #7
give me some web sites to work with then.......I have a frame a fort a rim an tire a chain and handel bars and a seat and seat post and clamp.....I need absillutly everything else!

N

Not Danny Tanner

SCREW THESE COMPANIES post #8
Aaron, to to www.albes.com to see their online catalogue. If you want to order something where some negotiation is in order, such as a parts package, give them a call. Their nubmer is (586) 264-1152. Enjoy your new stuff.

A

aaronbrimmer

SCREW THESE COMPANIES post #9
I'm FREEEEEEE!!!! I don't have to wait to rebuild.....I just boute a BMX Dyno XR..........It's really sweet.......having a bitch of a time doing stunts because i'm new to this and outta shap a bit....

T

tdamore

SCREW THESE COMPANIES post #10
dans comp is a name of a drug dealing compyny and i dont do drugs :?

D

Duke

SCREW THESE COMPANIES post #11
Not Danny Tanner said:
Aaron. Dan's Comp is the scourge of the biking industry. Where to start...

1. Dan's Comp isn't even owned by Dan Ducksworth any more. He sold the mail order to a large corporation called Alloy. Alloy owns CCS, A GIRLS CLOTHES MAILORDER, and many other small retail shops. Giving money to Alloy will only hurt the biking industry far too much.

2. Dan's is a BMX monopoly. By purchasing the company, Alloy owns 30% of the biking industry. With this much of the bike industry in their possession, Alloy can really do anything they want, and the rest of the industry couldn't do anything about it. I really don't feel that a large conglomerate should own so much of a sport that I love.

3. Take a look at Dan's history. If you didn't know, Dan's started to bootleg Terrible One shirts before Joe and Taj owned a patent on the company. This is taking money from people who are doing their own thing to make the bike industry a better place. I have also talked with people who order parts and get cheap forgeries. A guy I was talking to on BMXBOARD said he ordered a Og Kink sprocket, paid full price, and was sent a old Hoffman sprocket with the "KINK" stamped on the back. He posted a picture and it showed the Hoffman logo on the back and it WAS NOT a Kink sprocket.

4. As far as Albes being overpriced, that is not true at all. While the
Dan's Comp parts packages are far cheaper, you have to look at what you are getting in the package. Dan's is made with the cheapest possible generic Taiwanese parts, Poverty. That is why Dan's is so cheap. Albe's on the other hand gives you very quality parts for the price, Ex. Profile cranks, any handle bars you want, and bascially any part you would like in the kit (within reason, of course). Albes also price matches, so if you tell them that Dan's has something a few bucks cheaper, they will equal the price.

5. You even said that you had customer service problems with Dan's. My friends and I have all ordered from Albe's probably 50 times. Not a single one of us have had a problem, ever. We all will remain loyal Albe's customers for life.

6. I have personally met Flip, who is an Albe's employee at Chenga. Flip was probably one of the nicest people I have ever talked to.

7. Todd the owner of Albe's rides.

8. MacNeil, Alliance, Terrible One, Tree, and many other companies I can't think of at this moment don't sell to Dan's. I wonder why...

Albe's is the greatest.
yeah dude, they do the same with frames bars and forks, and about every thing else you can think of. seats too. my friend and i have the same exact seat, yet his says the brand name on it, on the bottom of the seat, embossed. and mines is like, some other company. talk about refurnished.

R

reyesjr02

SCREW THESE COMPANIES post #12
yeah, i really like albes

Y

yodaddysboss117

SCREW THESE COMPANIES post #13
Not Danny Tanner said:
Dan's Comp is awful. Do everything you can to keep from ordering from there. Shady things always seem to go down there. Albe's is the greatest mail order of all time.
i may just be gettin lucky but i havent had problems with them yet... :?

K

keep it real

SCREW THESE COMPANIES post #14
Umm I know that most of you people are from America and Uk and stuff... but the best online bike company in Aus in http://www.totalbmx.com.au they helped me out so much and arnt a bunch of money hungry bastards... they rock my socks!

O

optimus prime

SCREW THESE COMPANIES post #15
both Empire and Albe's have always treated me well.

I

infantry43RIDER

SCREW THESE COMPANIES post #16
yodaddysboss117 said:
Not Danny Tanner said:
i may just be gettin lucky but i havent had problems with them yet... :?
Yea, no shit. I love you guys. When you talk shit about Dans Comp...it just makes me laugh...cause i have been using Dans for 5 years now and i have had nothing but unbelieveable success in ordering with them.

Albes is amazing too however...i just use them both...because dans has stuff albes doesn't and albes has shit dans doesn't. God ****ING damn. Seriously show me some tears.

N

nutsgeezer

SCREW THESE COMPANIES post #17
this post is old.

Y

yodaddysboss117

SCREW THESE COMPANIES post #18
wow it is

i really dont look at the date of the post :?

Eggit

Eggit

SCREW THESE COMPANIES post #19
I have been using Dans for years and the only problem I ever had was that my profile cranks came with no spacers. I e-mailed them sent the spacers express and I had them the next day. And I'm sorry Albe's sucks. Everything there is above MSRP and thier stock is VERY limited.

J

Jezie R.

SCREW THESE COMPANIES post #20
I agree 100% with Not Danny Tanner there. You kno your shit. I can't
agree with you more.
DAN'S IS THE DEFINITION OF INFAMY. I can write pages of my history with dan's but I will not. Actually I'm gonna tell you guys anyway - a little. I've been fukked by them when I was studying in the middle east back in the late 90's and I lost HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS because of the additional phone bills when I dealt with them through the phone because of their mistake and the parts never came- at all. I'm not gping into the details. I just want to they are the fukkiest company ever to get their hands in BMX. Its no using writing my story. Its your choice. I've been ordering from Empire since and they are very frienndly people. Tom and Tina they are very decent people. Tom rides a BMX while Tine rides a cruiser. You can'rt go worng with that. Albe's is good too. Yeah I agree, Flips a nice guy. I have friends who've met him and they all told me the same thing - he's a very nice guy. You can make your decision, either buy from a big conglomeRAT whos just into this for money or buy form a rider owned mailorder who ride the same kind of bike you ride.

New Topics