screw on pegs

M

MONGOOSE_MENACE_UK

screw on pegs post #1
i got a pair of these for the front the other day, and there not as bad as everybody says, i fitted mine myself, itook the nuts off n screwed them on and tightend them with a scewdriver then put the nutz back on, and then tested them out they work just as good! :D

V

Vic_Vega

screw on pegs post #2
They'll get loose, believe me. Ride em for more than a couple days and they'll be looser than a 51-year old French whore.

I

infantry43RIDER

screw on pegs post #3
not only that....they just plain suck...quality wise...i heard that if you hit them constantly **example** grinding :? that they will bend the axle...but yea idk just get the regular pegs.

V

Vic_Vega

screw on pegs post #4
Yeah I meant to mention the axle bending, but I got so caught up in the whole French whore thing....

F*ck it.

M

MONGOOSE_MENACE_UK

screw on pegs post #5
?

why will they come loose? the nuts are on them just the same as the normal pegs but you screw these on as another option wouldnt this make them better!?

I

infantry43RIDER

screw on pegs post #6
it just seems like if you screw something on as big as a peg to an axle that it would be easier to bend..but idk man...i don't run screw on pegs...

M

MONGOOSE_MENACE_UK

screw on pegs post #7
ok!

ye i get where your coming from, i have to test them out abit more first ill let you know

L

leon_luxton

screw on pegs post #8
hey,i have had screw on pegs for years and YES they do bend the axel(they even snapped mine and i only grind at leat once each week cos i ride flatland(no,it didnt snap cos i have a shit axel) and NO they will never come lose.trust me on this i have had em for yearrrrrrrrrrrss.leon luxton

M

MONGOOSE_MENACE_UK

screw on pegs post #9
?

so what you saying? if you only used them once a week you must have had shit axles! and why do they bend the axles then? do you still use them now?

I

infantry43RIDER

screw on pegs post #10
you know if you would just get non threaded pegs you wouldn't have had to start this topic.

*cough* animal, fly, fbm *cough*

M

MONGOOSE_MENACE_UK

screw on pegs post #11
i have fitted treaded pegs on the front of my bike and normal pegs on the back. am i meant to fit the wheel nut over the threaded peg because i have? is that right? because i had read that the threaded peg acts as a wheel nut! help

I

infantry43RIDER

screw on pegs post #12
i think those threaded pegs are supposted to be a nut as well as a peg...which sucks...but if you just HAD to have threaded pegs in the first place i would still put the nut on there.

M

MONGOOSE_MENACE_UK

screw on pegs post #13
infantry

ye thank infantry i have done that. what pegs do you run?

I

infantry43RIDER

screw on pegs post #14
i have 4 pegs...sometimes i run only 2 of them

animal lites (right side)
fly bikes (left)

X

XIII

screw on pegs post #15
do you have 3/8" or 14mm axels?

D

Darkmana

screw on pegs post #16
I found the snafu cro-mo unthreaded ones to be quite good. The have that six sided locking washer thing so when they wear right down you can spin em round. Quite light too, and of course they slide well.

DM

M

MONGOOSE_MENACE_UK

screw on pegs post #17
ye i have already got the pegs, threaded on the front and unthreaded on the back.i can spin my ones around aswell.am getting primo kung fu grips tomorrow or primo v grips in red has anyone used these?

I

infantry43RIDER

screw on pegs post #18
i heard good and bad about the v-grips...i use the primo logo grips...i like those ones...from the looks...just the looks of the v-grips i would say they look alright.

M

MONGOOSE_MENACE_UK

screw on pegs post #19
yea infantry, i went my local shop today to get primo grips and got the primo kung fu grips in red with the primo logo on the ends there decent. i saw a fsa 3pc crank i think it was fsa, at a good price has anyone heard of fsa? are they good? i havent heard of them.

I

infantry43RIDER

screw on pegs post #20
i have heard of them...don't know much about them but i know someone who rides their cranks...he said they are good but thats all i know.

New Topics