School wont give my money back.

• Discuss School wont give my money back. in the NBR - Not BMX Related forum in area BMX-Forum Community - more stuff; ok heres the story, kinda confusing but ill try my best to explain. in about may, me and some mates signed up to a school trip to vietnam. the $500... ...
elijah

elijah

School wont give my money back. post #1
ok heres the story, kinda confusing but ill try my best to explain.

in about may, me and some mates signed up to a school trip to vietnam. the $500 deposit was to be paid immediately and was said to be non-refundable. the trip was estimated to cost around $3400 all up. however, in about July, the school informed us that the trip would actually cost $4500 plus spending money. we were told by the trip organiser "If you pull out now, dont worry you will get your deposit back. just write your name on this peice of paper." so thats exactly what we did. immediately several people were refunded, so i patiently waited for mine to also be refunded however this never happened. after confronting the organsier, he claims i never told him i was pulling out, and claims he had never seen my name written down on any piece of paper. i know this is ****ing bullshit because everyone else who was refunded wrote their names on this very same piece of paper. as you would expect this pisses me off. and still, i have not got my money back.

what can i possibly do to get my money back? i everyone ive talked to at the school so far has basically told me to go **** myself. so im not sure what to do =/

The Radness

The Radness

School wont give my money back. post #2
Tell them to present the paper that everyone else wrote their names on
if they can't do it, they owe you

That would be the logic i embraced in this situation

Ajlal24

Ajlal24

School wont give my money back. post #3
go tell the district of your school...

Q

Quen

School wont give my money back. post #4
you can take them to small claims. idk what it's called in nz though... but court...

elijah

elijah

School wont give my money back. post #5
Tell them to present the paper that everyone else wrote their names on
if they can't do it, they owe you

That would be the logic i embraced in this situation
im not sure what you mean, but he claims this paper with names on it never existed.

and ive thought about taking it further, as in take legal actions against the school. but i assumed the cost of that would be much greater than the money i want back. so i havent bothered..

Samirol

Samirol

School wont give my money back. post #6
im not sure what you mean, but he claims this paper with names on it never existed.

and ive thought about taking it further, as in take legal actions against the school. but i assumed the cost of that would be much greater than the money i want back. so i havent bothered..
I mean, we can't really give any good advice if we don't have the contracts you signed. So are they refusing to return the entire 3400, or are they just saying that they won't refund the deposit? Getting in contact with other people that pulled out and asking them to write a quick statement and signing their name saying that there was a piece of paper that they signed and that they saw you sign it might work.

JustinCarter

JustinCarter

School wont give my money back. post #7
Was the organizer hired by the school, or an outside source? Thats whats sketchy about the ones that just come in. They know they can manipulate kids. Thus why i never signed up for any outside source trips this year.

Air-Ox

Air-Ox

School wont give my money back. post #8

Just get the other people that had signed the page to come with you when you complain to the principle ect?? They will tell the principle that they signed said sheet so thats that problem solved. They will tell the principle that they got there refund back because they signed the sheet.

Punda Nose

Punda Nose

School wont give my money back. post #9
Wow very unprofessional of the school to Bs with your money.I would say the same thing samirol said..good luck

M

Marcus Poopy

School wont give my money back. post #10
everyone ive talked to at the school so far has basically told me to go **** myself.
that made my shitty day really nice and now im excited for tomorrow:D thanks

p.s. i have no clue how to help u sorry

joanz

joanz

School wont give my money back. post #11
really if i were you lol...if i cudnt get my money off the **** id go and break every window in the school:D...good advis?

Punda Nose

Punda Nose

School wont give my money back. post #12
really if i were you lol...if i cudnt get my money off the **** id go and break every window in the school:D... good advis?
one of the reasons you probebly have negative rep because of your shitty *advice*

BenMINI

BenMINI

School wont give my money back. post #13
really if i were you lol...if i cudnt get my money off the **** id go and break every window in the school:D...good advis?
No, now fuck off back to chav-land

T

TrevorH

School wont give my money back. post #14
GO **** YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J/K only kidding man.
anyway you can sue.
or resort to violence if thats your thing.
or you could go **** yourself on to the trip advisor guy.

The Radness

The Radness

School wont give my money back. post #15
Go on the trip and make it hell for the teacher/leader/parent people

Buhiko

Buhiko

School wont give my money back. post #16
woa... assholes o_O
don't have any advice apart from what's already been said

New Topics