Safety gear

• Discuss Safety gear in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; What safty gear do you guys wear? Helmet (freeride helmet or Fullface)? Body armor? Elbowpads? ...
  • Tags flatland vert
T

TemppuJeesus

Safety gear post #1
What safty gear do you guys wear? Helmet (freeride helmet or Fullface)? Body armor? Elbowpads?

InF3Rn@l

InF3Rn@l

Safety gear post #2
I dun use any safety gear.. I thinks its more comfortable n i can execute my stunts more freely in this way... However, sometimes it can be quite unsafe..

E

EPMD

Safety gear post #3
Used to use a helmet before.. but just gloves now

X

Xero

Safety gear post #4
I wear elbows, knees and shin pads, helmet and a pair of bomber pants which are basically cycling shorts with pads to protect your hips, lower back and other delicate bits. Sounds overkill I know but my boss says if I get hurt from riding the BMX and can't turn in to work, he'll sack me!

"All the clobber - What a knobber", as they say down here. But it doesn't restrict as much as you would think.

EPMD - As in "You gots to chill" Old school hip hop artist?

F

FOL

Safety gear post #5
I don't wear protection (flatland), but I'm going to wear a full face helmet, shin pad and knee pad for vert

I

infantry43RIDER

Safety gear post #6
gloves....trails
shins....(sometimes)....street

S

sentaafEQpovar

Safety gear post #7
we decided to use helmets at my trails, for reasons
-would be harder for ppl to bitch at us who dont want us there for liablilities
-my friend got a concusion ther,e with a helmet on, couda been a lot worse
-pobey has landed hit his head on like 4 rocks with helmet on which coulda been very bad

L

leon_luxton

Safety gear post #8
well i dont ware any but i am gonna were gloves soon when i get some.always good to use protecttion when ya doin big stuff....BUT ppl dont think ya can get hurt in flatland but trust me...YA CAN :?

F

FOL

Safety gear post #9
leon_luxton said:
well i dont ware any but i am gonna were gloves soon when i get some.always good to use protecttion when ya doin big stuff....BUT ppl dont think ya can get hurt in flatland but trust me...YA CAN :?
compared to vert for example, the injuries are way less....I think the compare it with the other styles and then conclude 'harmless'...so harmless in a relative way

L

leon_luxton

Safety gear post #10
FOL said:
leon_luxton said:
compared to vert for example, the injuries are way less....I think the compare it with the other styles and then conclude 'harmless'...so harmless in a relative way
yeah ya could say that i suppose...but ya still can get hurt from flatland like landing on the pegs of flipping out really hurts

S

sentaafEQpovar

Safety gear post #11
gloves help stop my precious hands from getting calousous

G

Safety gear post #12
knee pads, shoulderpads, maxi pad, full face helmet, shin guards, elbow pads will prolly end up screwing you up one way or another

just use a helmet and you will be fine

I

infantry43RIDER

Safety gear post #13
sentaafEQpovar said:
gloves help stop my precious hands from getting calousous
man those must be some super strong gloves.
SUPER.
thats not what they are for really...i still get those things all the time with gloves.

G

Safety gear post #14
what are gloves used for instead of being for keeping youre hands sexy then?

D

Devourment 138

Safety gear post #15
gloves, and I always keep one rolled up

S

StandardOX

Safety gear post #16
I never usually wear safety gear, but when I do, I usually just wear shin guards.

V

Vic_Vega

Safety gear post #17
Gloves and a helmet(I ride trails and street)
My hands are sexy, but I'm not sure if the gloves had anything to do with that(maybe genetics). :D

T

Trimix

Safety gear post #18
If trying new stuff,or at the park.....I wear helmet, elbow and knee, shin, and gloves. Otherwise nothing but gloves

G

gorobei

Safety gear post #19
Vic_Vega said:
My hands are sexy, but I'm not sure if the gloves had anything to do with that(maybe genetics). :D
hehe i m sure gloves makes your hands more sexy :) ... at least they re doing that with my hands :-D

F

federal_rider12

Safety gear post #20
well sometimes i wear a regular helmet when i feel i will smash my head but other then that i odnt wear nethin but i plan on gettin some shin guards b/c the skin on my legs r like paper thin from all the times my pedals shredded my legs and my shin bone has groves from the damn pins ive also cut some nerves

New Topics