S&M Stricker frame

• Discuss S&M Stricker frame in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I'm about to buy an S&M Stricker frame. I was just wondering if there is anything I should know about it before I go ahead! ...
W

wonder_coot

S&M Stricker frame post #1
I'm about to buy an S&M Stricker frame. I was just wondering if there is anything I should know about it before I go ahead!

M

Mr_Shrapnel

S&M Stricker frame post #2
wel it only comes in euro bb's which i personally think suck, and it has chain stay brake mounts meaning that you will have trouble running a gearing below 33-12 if you run a back brake.

other than that it is a really dope frame.

D

Deliciouspeed

S&M Stricker frame post #3
I'm running 33-12 w/ no problems at all, less than that may be an issue though. My chain is maybe 5mm above the evolvers I'm running.

I

infantry43RIDER

S&M Stricker frame post #4
the stricker is just another frame.
chainstay wishbone like many frames have...weighs in at like what? less than 6 pounds? crazy.
i think its rather cool but its just a frame...when i first saw it i actually though it was for racing...the triangle tubing looks rather thin.

O

oibmxpunx

S&M Stricker frame post #5
its a good frame

E

EPMD

S&M Stricker frame post #6
D

Deliciouspeed

S&M Stricker frame post #7
This bike rotates so easily I've learned to 360 on flat super easy after struggling and failing before. I've laid a beating into it learning grinds after riding mostly trails. The Euro BB has even taken some nasty bangs and some grinding like a champ-Still round and solid. It's running fine and my cranks are happy if not a little grinded on as well :oops: .
The drop out design is also super trick-out of the way for grinds. The only thing I would change is to add the brake mounts to the seat stays, but like I said I'm running 33/12 fine and that's plenty small enough for me.

W

wonder_coot

S&M Stricker frame post #8
I was just worried about the dropout size. I'm running 39:15 on a G-Sport Homer (THE best hub on the planet), so I'm not worried about the brake lugs being on the chainstays, but will the dropouts be too small for my beast of a hub?

D

Deliciouspeed

S&M Stricker frame post #9
The are small drop outs, they covered the hazard hub and 14t ACS freewheel I was running. I can measure the drop out if you like and tell you how wide it is...stand by.

W

wonder_coot

S&M Stricker frame post #10
That would be great if you don't mind. Thanks!

D

Deliciouspeed

S&M Stricker frame post #11
I totally forgot about this...but I called my wife and she checked(prolly off a little), she says three inches. I've made a note to self on my cell to check tonight.

fenixbykeco

fenixbykeco

S&M Stricker frame post #12
Be original and get it in light blue. *sarcastic face*

D

Deliciouspeed

S&M Stricker frame post #13
The drop outs are 2.5 inchs tall.

I was so close to having my frame powder coated yellow but did not. But I will with the next frame I buy-I did get the oh to common black.

W

wonder_coot

S&M Stricker frame post #14
Thanks for that. I shouldn't have too much trouble with my Homer. I'm gonna get the black coz I'm bored of my metallic-blue-and-very-camp old Miron. I just fancy a black bike for a change.

New Topics