s&m slam XLT bars?

Philnadeau

Philnadeau

s&m slam XLT bars? post #3
the bars are sweet, i had them and they were great. They have a lifetime warranty so dont worry

hot karl

hot karl

s&m slam XLT bars? post #4
they're s&m bars. of course they're good.

i've rode the grand slams plenty, and i own the demo PAs. they're both great bars with lifetime warranties. i don't exactly trust the PAs though. they're very light and make me nervous sometimes when my bike takes a fall from up high in the air. i'm getting a pair of fit sky high bars (same exact things as the grand slam xlts) to replace my PAs though. if i had the cash i'd replace my bars with the regular (non XLT) grand slam bars.

rillos420

rillos420

s&m slam XLT bars? post #5
I have the slam xlt bars and they're great so far. I've had them for about 3 months now and no problems and they have the warranty. I would def. recommend to anyone getting new bars and they're chromoly. So i dont think you can actually go wrong.

S

sinister_jumper

s&m slam XLT bars? post #6
read the above about S&M, enough said ^^^^^^^^

DANCLOSH

DANCLOSH

s&m slam XLT bars? post #7
One of the most popular bars out there, comfy to ride with, and just generally nice bars. Can definitely notice the weight difference between o.g. slams and the xlt's also, which is a plus to many

K

kingspadesdgaf

s&m slam XLT bars? post #8
compared to the demo PA's though? which ones do you think would be best?

BMXmandan

BMXmandan

s&m slam XLT bars? post #9
i've only rode my slams xlts for about 5 minutes now.... i like em so far lol.

Jake7

Jake7

s&m slam XLT bars? post #10
i ride grandslam xlts and ive had them since july.
they are the best handlebars ive ever had. point blank.
and ive only heard good things about slam xlts.
i would trust xlts over demolitions anyday.

S

sinister_jumper

s&m slam XLT bars? post #11
I ride Dive Bars but now Im thinking about some xlts

R

ryan111

s&m slam XLT bars? post #12
ok i am debating on for s&ms the factors i care about mostly are comfortability and ease of spinning and STRENGTH of the bars i am not really concerned about weight thanks
1s&m slam bars
2 s&m slam xlt bars
3 s&m grand slam bars
4 S&m grand slam xlt bars

S

sentaafEQpovar

s&m slam XLT bars? post #13
if your main concern is strength/safety, go with regular slams becuase they are not heat treated... that means they are a lot more likely to bend instead of snap

hot karl

hot karl

s&m slam XLT bars? post #14
ya you won't be breaking normal slams any time soon. they're also .065 wall straight gauge tubing. almost all bars are butted then heat treated which makes them weaker. i would definitely go with a non butted straight gauge tube when selecting bars if you have strength in mind. unfortunately very few companies make straight gauge bars anymore. off the top of my head the only 3 straight gauge bars i can think of are slams, grand slams (the non xlt versions) and some liquor bikes bars.

Last edited:
kwc92

kwc92

s&m slam XLT bars? post #15
I believe Solid Roseannes (the non HT version) and S&M Perfect 10s are both straight gauge. Yes, monster bars, just felt like throwing them in there.

Last edited:
P

pikachu

s&m slam XLT bars? post #16
these grand slam xlt's been treating me nice. its s&m.

S

sentaafEQpovar

s&m slam XLT bars? post #17
isnt the whole point of butted tubing so its still thick gauge at the bends (where stuff usually bends/snaps) but thinner tubing at non-stressed areas? seems like a reasonable way to drop weight

New Topics