rust removal

• Discuss rust removal in the Reviews, Howtos & Tech-Articles forum in area BMX-Forum Community; OK Guys, so you want to get rid of rust from your chromed bike part but you don’t like the idea of having dangerous chemicals around the house. Well... ...
A

AustinKO

rust removal post #1
OK Guys, so you want to get rid of rust from your chromed bike part but you don’t like the idea of having dangerous chemicals around the house. Well here is a great way that is so safe and easy a 5yr old could do it! All you need is a container (tub) big enough to fit your rusty part in, a toothbrush (scrubbing brush, dish brush etc.) and enough White Vinegar to cover the part. I just use the cheap stuff from the supermarket. Place your part in the container of Vinegar and wait a day or two. Remove the part and brush off the rust, then wipe down with a rag, if your satisfied with the job, give it a spray over with a water displacer (WD40,CRC etc.) or dry with a hair dryer to stop the rust coming back straight away, if your not happy, drop it in for a bit longer. So there you go, it’s that easy

Try it yourself on an old rusty chromed part and I guarantee you will be amazed at how well it comes up!!!

Notes:
Don’t throw your vinegar away afterwards, it can be used over and over again.
It will go a rusty color after use.
It may help to add a tea spoon of Bi Carb Soda (Baking Soda) per Ltr of Vinegar to help speed up the process a little(caution, it will fizz up!!)
It may remove your decals if you use it on a part with stickers or decals

U

unco

rust removal post #2
i got a rusty redline

PBRdbsb

PBRdbsb

rust removal post #3
good tip, but be sure to clear coat over the area where the rust used to be because it will rust again real soon if you dont

S

stolenwrap69

rust removal post #4
sweet tip thanks

bike ryder

bike ryder

rust removal post #5
nice how to

New Topics