Rolling grind pegs!!!!

• Discuss Rolling grind pegs!!!! in the Street Riding forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Okay who in this forum knows how to do great curb grinds. I do, and i gotta say, there way cool. I got these pegs off of a guy that used to do bmx a... ...
Bmx Boy 88

Bmx Boy 88

Rolling grind pegs!!!! post #1
Okay who in this forum knows how to do great curb grinds. I do, and i gotta say, there way cool. I got these pegs off of a guy that used to do bmx a while back, then got hurt real bad from and , and so he gave me his most treasured pegs. And there nothin that i've ever seen before, they actually ROLL while u grind with em. I don't know where he got them from, cuz i asked and he said he'll never tell. Whatever that means. Anyways So i'm going down the street and decited to give em a try, and they work awesome. i mean they have this kind of like rubber on em that keeps them from slipping to much, I mean they slip, but not like ur regular metal. they stay on the side of whatever ur grinding. Cuz trust me, i've fell lots of times trying to do a long grind, down rails at college, to picknik tables. eh,,, i wish i could tell ya'll the name of these great pegs. If they don't make these kind of grindin pegs, they really should it'll really help keep ppl from getting hurt, cuz i have no0t fell once since i tried them out. There out of this world kinda good. they have sealed bearings. But the bad part is, he said when they dicide to go out, then there's nothin u can do for them but toss em, which i'm not doing, I'm keeping these babys. they have an engraved mark on them, that says CA Customs. So i'm guessing there our of CA. now ya'll might know about these pegs, and r already using them, but i have never seen pegs like these before. There freaking awesome. If there is such a thing out there PLEASE tell me where i can pick up another pair. And i've already looked at dans-comp. and they don't have these kind of pegs. They have some that r close. but not these kind.

R

Robf781

Rolling grind pegs!!!! post #2
My mate once had something similar that had a rotating section on them, I hated them as they were massive aluminium flatland type pegs yet designed so you could grind. I found they were ok ish if you managed to get the rotating bit on the grind surface, but 9 times out of 10 you would snag the knurled ali bit and just stop dead.

DislikesSkaters

DislikesSkaters

Rolling grind pegs!!!! post #3
I think i've heard of these before.

Q

Quen

Rolling grind pegs!!!! post #4
i remember when rolling pegs sounded like a good idea. there were a bunch of companies and all have gone out of buisness since. all the pegs were expensive, were weak, and lasted about an eighth the time of normal pegs. and annyway, these days, people would be concerned with the weight(i'm guessing they weigh more than an average peg). not many experienced riders worry about slipping out of grinds, so normal pegs work good for the rest of us. i bet they're just a one-off set from back in the day made by some bmxer at a fabrication shop or somehting. eventually, they will break, then you will have to learn how to grind for real, so enjoy the time that you have them i guess...

S

SweetstuffHaro

Rolling grind pegs!!!! post #5
they sound fun but i think ill stick to normal pegs

B

baldy806

Rolling grind pegs!!!! post #6
i think its not as great as most of you think, cuz basically u wouldn't be grinding anymore, u'd be rolling...

I

itsallinthemix

Rolling grind pegs!!!! post #7
strange ..... post photos!!

U

UNIVERSALBMX502

Rolling grind pegs!!!! post #8
i dont like the sound of rolling pegs neither. once they brake u will have to learn them the hard way so enjoy grinding.

Bmx Boy 88

Bmx Boy 88

Rolling grind pegs!!!! post #9
ummm, okay,,, Well i only used them twice. They seem to b rolling for me okay. There normal size, not over size. But if ya'll say they go out, and arent that great, i'm down with that. thanx. Ya'll have answered my Q.

J

jawn

Rolling grind pegs!!!! post #10
They're not that great for foot on peg tricks either, eg: hang 5, peg manual, rocket tricks...

TOM_L

TOM_L

Rolling grind pegs!!!! post #11
Holy crap that post seemed so much like a myspace spam comment. I don't know why though haha.

moldaz

moldaz

Rolling grind pegs!!!! post #12
^^ i know it seemed like he was trying to get you to sign up for something... and yeah that would kinda suck to try and do a hang 5 with them....

S

Str33t

Rolling grind pegs!!!! post #13
i couldnt do that because i would be grinding hit the brakes and maybe wouldnt stop. i would freak

ogel916

ogel916

Rolling grind pegs!!!! post #14
it breaks the old traditions. just like how freecoasters kill fakies. i dont think that would be considered a grind anymore if ur just rolling. and isnt that a lil dangerous?

ozzy

ozzy

Rolling grind pegs!!!! post #15
ya iunno soon we wont have to bunny hop we'll jus push a button and you'll hop 5 feet in the air. well maybe not but you get what im saying. jus like foam pits it takes some of the challenge out of riding. if bmx or anything were safe then averybody would do it thats why pro's are so repected. dont get me wrong foam pits are not all bad but the fun part is that its hard and not everybody can do it.

M

monkeyonabike

Rolling grind pegs!!!! post #16
they sound cool. pics danm it!

R

ranny

Rolling grind pegs!!!! post #17
my friend told me he had some haro ones just like that on a pretty old skewl bike.

New Topics