rock walk help

R

Red One

rock walk help post #1
im having trouble with this trick

i just started riding about a week ago

i can only get my back tire about 90 degrees around.........i dont have a front brake, would that make it easier?

anyone got any advice how i can get that back tire a full 180 degrees?

C

Colorblinded

rock walk help post #2
I would help you but I have never heard of this trick, and it isn't on BMXtricks :?

415fsxrules

rock walk help post #3
u need front brakes to do this trick, it is not a very common trick it is a moutain bike trick i think

J

johntheguru

rock walk help post #4
yeah i ride trials and it is very helpful.

its al in the hips. i can get 270* now.

turn the bars in the direction you want to end up. ie. if you turn the bars left, your endo is to the right.

get the back wheel quite high and flick your hips towards where you want to go.

it will take time to learn.

john

_43_

rock walk help post #5
rock walk is NOT a mtb trick and yes u should have a front brake to do it
buck the trend and put a lever on the left and ditch those fad black rims to

I

infantry43RIDER

rock walk help post #6
um no....rock walk is definitly not a mtb trick and NO you do not need front brakes to do this...ive been riding brakeless for 3 years...the first 180 is the hardest part to do you just have to keep at it and eventually you will get past that 90

R

Red One

rock walk help post #7
alright.........i guess ill just keep practicing, and try to get that back wheel up higher

would it be worth it to get front brakes? how necessary are they for bmxing in general

and what do you mean black rims? how much money would it cost to get more colorful rims?

C

Colorblinded

rock walk help post #8
Don't worry about what color your rims are... that's just nonsense.

I suppose brakes are all up to the rider, but if you ask me I would personally say get them. Think about it this way, if you don't have them and you need to use front breaks for something, you don't have them there. But if you do have them, you will have them when you need them, and besides, is there a good reason to not have them? Because you can act as if they arn't there untill you need them. :?

I

infantry43RIDER

rock walk help post #9
i have never needed them...but most of my friends have them...i think the lever gets in the way and brakes are the biggest pain in the ass to maintain and dail so i just never used them...and it has been a whole new way of riding....cause anyways i learned brakeless fufs and abubacas so i see no need for brakes

C

Colorblinded

rock walk help post #10
Like I said, it pretty much depends on the rider, because wouldn't learning to ride brakeless be tuffer, than with brakes? Like alot of flatland tricks and stuff, maybe not...I am probably wrong but oh well :lol:

R

Red One

rock walk help post #11
well you definetly dont need front brakes for the rock walk

i almost had it a few times today.........i could get the back wheel about 160 degrees around, which is almost twice as much as i could get it yesterday

im just going to go as long as i can without getting front brakes.........if there comes a time where i NEED them to do a certain trick, then ill get them

but until then, its just rear brakes for me

C

Colorblinded

rock walk help post #12
Atleast you can stop ^_^

New Topics