RIMS...

• Discuss RIMS... in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; ok so im building a bike and i still need rims....got any suggestions for good rims? ...
  • Tags parts shop
B

bigs

RIMS... post #1
ok so im building a bike and i still need rims....got any suggestions for good rims?

F

federal_rider12

RIMS... post #2
demolition, sun 4-play, sun bfr, sun big city, or if you could find them atomlab trailking or trail pimp. those are all the rims you need to know about, they are THE BEST!

C

Caris

RIMS... post #3
NONONO THe best if you have the money, oddesy hazard lites

L

leeuw

RIMS... post #4
get some 48h sun big city rear 36h sun big city front, works with everything, i ride it too, dutch pro's too

X

XIII

RIMS... post #5
definetly Primo Hula Hoops or Odyssey Hazard Lites or a Hazard Lite or Hula Hoop in back and hten get an Odyssey 7KA in front... definetly get at least you rear rim in chrome or get both in chrome

B

bigs

RIMS... post #6
yea i was thinking about the hazards...

M

Mr_Shrapnel

RIMS... post #7
it all really depends on what you want. first you have to decide whether you want tall or low wall rims (i would recommend low wall, otherwise the tires will be a pain to get on and off - i cannot stress this enough)
then you have to decide whether you want to go for strength or light weight. if you are running it on the front you can go for lighter rims generally, but if it is for the rear you will want a quite strong rim. however having said that some people can run light rims on the rear without any problems, it all depneds on you, but here are some good rims:

tall wall (lighter)

odyssey hazard lite
odyssey 7000

tall wall (stronger)

primo hoola hoop
sun 4 play
araya rb j1
alex sura j

low wall (lighter)

sun rhyno lite xl
araya x7
alex supra beta
araya/velocity aero rim

low wall (stronger)

sun big city
demolition low wall
hoffman high roller

RuLe

RuLe

RIMS... post #8
got a site where it says how high the sidewall is on rims? i want to no how high the sidewall is on odyssey hazard lite

B

bigs

RIMS... post #9
do the hoola hoops come as a casset??

M

Mr_Shrapnel

RIMS... post #10
well bigs (if that is your real name) the primo hoola hoop CAN come with a cassette, simply because if you want to get the rim laced to a cassette hub, then .......you can. just ask a shop, or wherever you buy your rim from, get a cassette hub, and lace them up.
if you mean do primo make stock wheels using a primo hoola hoop rim, primo spokes and primo cassette hubs. i dont know. however like i just said, get the parts and get the laced at a shop. generally if you buy all the parts from the same shop they will lace the wheel for free.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

RIMS... post #11
oh and Rule (if that is your real name), i dont know the exact height of the odyssey rim, but one way whether you can tell whether a rim is tall or not by a simple glance is to see whether is has "cut-off indents" in the inner section of the rim. for example find a picture of a sun big city rim. see how on the inner circumference of the rim it kind of cuts in, that almost always means that it is a low wall rim. if you get a picture of a odyssey hazard lite rim the edge of the rim is totally flat and straight right? that means it is a tall rim.

S

sandmriderbmx

RIMS... post #12
you really cant go wrong with sun, anytime i get asked this i will say sun big citys, i also like the new sun back labels

X

x1-scotty

RIMS... post #13
i have got supra RX rims and they are holding up well. but i would have prefered if i got sun big city rims

L

leon_luxton

RIMS... post #14
get Hazard lites man..as soon as i got money i am gonna get nanakai and rims..WOOT :D

I

infantry43RIDER

RIMS... post #15
why is everyone still asking about which rims to get? seems as though everyone just gives the same responses in every one of these topics doesn't it?

X

XIII

RIMS... post #16
infantry43RIDER said:
why is everyone still asking about which rims to get? seems as though everyone just gives the same responses in every one of these topics doesn't it?
very good point... people, there is a a search thinggy so you dont have to repeatedly keep making new Topics about the same damn thing...

if you would like to bring the topic up again.... just reply to the topic and it will be brought to the top of the list... so we won't have this trouble all of the time.

P

[PRIMO]

RIMS... post #17
i just got a set of sun BFR's and thay are kick ass rims thay hold up with my riding and dont add weight to you bike so and thing sun big city the primo hulla hoop and oddysy hazard lites check em all out and get what ya want they are all a good choice

New Topics