Rims ?

• Discuss Rims ? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; How often do you guys have to buy new rims or have to get your rims trued? ...
manualking

manualking

Rims ? post #1
How often do you guys have to buy new rims or have to get your rims trued?

K

Karl H. Marx

Rims ? post #2
Wheel = Hub/Spokes/Nipples/Rim
Rim = Rim

Theres a difference.

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

Rims ? post #3
your question is highly subjective. the lifespan on a rim depends on the quality of the rim, how hard you ride it and how well it is built.

i honestly have never destroyed a rim to the point that i needed to replace it. my riding style is pretty low-key ("wimpy") so i don't put too much stress on most parts.

i also never have had a wheel trued, because i do it myself. it's really easy, you just need a spoke wrench. it's impossible to true a rim, but you can true a wheel.

eastpak

eastpak

Rims ? post #4
depends on how hard you ride and on the rims that you are using.
i never have to do more than give my spokes a qquick tighten every so often

BMXDAN

BMXDAN

Rims ? post #5
^^agree with them..

it depends on how hard you ride and what kind of rim you have.

i have never brought my wheel to a bike store to get trued bc i just do it myself.. as jwnolte said its not hard to true a rim. it just takes some practice

what kind of rim do you have?

manualking

manualking

Rims ? post #6
Wheel = Hub/Spokes/Nipples/Rim
Rim = Rim

Theres a difference.
Thanks for future reference.

I ride a hour a day until i build up my eastern dragon3 frame (waiting for dans comp to get in the pro parts package). I dented it alittle form learning 180s but it was bent on the weld. I just got it trued today only had it for a month.

Right now i am ride a stolen riot (stock)

Thanks for the hlep guys.

ColourOfMoney

ColourOfMoney

Rims ? post #7
i buy new rims every 3 mounths or so, but only because i want the colour, but really because they are "bent"

New Topics