riding with a front 990 only

• Discuss riding with a front 990 only in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Looking into running just front 990's on my bike, i've been contemplating this for a while, as i like to use the brake for endo's, instead of using my... ...
bLitZkReIgBMX

bLitZkReIgBMX

riding with a front 990 only post #1
Looking into running just front 990's on my bike, i've been contemplating this for a while, as i like to use the brake for endo's, instead of using my shoes. also it's easier to do some front wheel tricks.

But is it safe to use daily?

or should i just get both?

Also, what are a good cheap sealed 3pc cranks, i was forced to sell my old eastern with a great set of profiles on it, and i doubt i can get them back.

E RaK

E RaK

riding with a front 990 only post #2
having the back brake will give you more secure stopping but you dont necassarily need it

Eastern 720 are cheap ($75), 48 slined, similar to profiles and hold up surprisingly well
http://www.danscomp.com/452510.php?cat=PARTS

J

JustinE

riding with a front 990 only post #3
Um, yeah it's possible? Nobodies stopping you....

and Eastern Pro's, Profiles, Maderas, um...Power/Hollowbites...ummm i dunno what else.

You can get used Profiles for $50...

AustinK

AustinK

riding with a front 990 only post #4
dirt ron runs just a fronty. he was on the ride site in their 150 th party video.

Lemontime

Lemontime

riding with a front 990 only post #5
Plenty of people run front brakes only, just remember that it won't really help you in an emergency, so you should probably still ride your bike like it's brakeless.

New Topics