riding breakless

• Discuss riding breakless in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; how and why do you do it? ...
E

Erin

riding breakless post #1
how and why do you do it?

RuLe

RuLe

riding breakless post #2
i used to like 1 year ago for months because i broke the back one and then when i had to switch forks i broke the cord on the front brake so i had to but its not bad, u just need good shoes. But brakes are always good to have to do some tricks

E

EPMD

riding breakless post #3
Why..? dont like to deal with brakes and its too much of a problem and you break your cable a lot.. save weight

How..? you take your brakes off and ride :roll:

E

Erin

riding breakless post #4
how do you stop though?

E

EPMD

riding breakless post #5
just keep riding or put your foot down.. i would just jam my foot in the tire

E

Erin

riding breakless post #6
okay.. that's solved.. i'm not trying breakless...

honestly i'd rather spend a good $100 and "headaches" on installing and maintaining breaks than go through a new pair of shoes every month or so.

thanks

F

federal_rider12

riding breakless post #7
some guys do it to be "cool" others b/c they will hit the brake lever when ridin and messes them up(i dont get that at all, and dont get people who pull the wrong brake--pull the front brake when they want the rear) others for weight savings(like thats hardly nethin) and others just feel better without them(there are prob more reason y people ride brakeless)

i use to ride brakeless and im lucky to even be here writin( missed bein hit head on with a semi my a couple feet and my closest i jumped a curb and made a truck slide sideways) and i rode brakeless for 1 day(b/c my brake cable slipped) and didnt turn out to be a good day so im a brake rider

O

oibmxpunx

riding breakless post #8
im sick of stupid f*cking kids going brakeless just be cuz of edwin i mean its cool if u can handel it but some kid are just stupid i hate hate thos kids im so sick of them runing in to me at the park ok im done b*tching

i ride with some ppl that ride brakeless its cool thay just got sick of fiving there brakes all the time i dont blame them i get sick of it to but i use them to muck wen i ride park to take them off and dirt i use them when im going to fast so i need brakes

S

sentaafEQpovar

riding breakless post #9
when im brakeless its cuase they been pissing me off... but otherwise i cherish them.... and when i am brakless,m i just screw the pads off and leave the cord on

RuLe

RuLe

riding breakless post #10
true. brakes get in the way if u got grips that have no sides to them liek haro ones.

C

casperh

riding breakless post #11
ah i see very philosophical

T

Tibro

riding breakless post #12
casperh said:
ah i see very philosophical
what? what was that for?

anyway.. i have never understood why people go brakeless apart from the dumb shit kids who wanna look badass or cool or sommat...

S

sentaafEQpovar

riding breakless post #13
becuase they take lots of maintnence or use up wieght... i like breaks though

RuLe

RuLe

riding breakless post #14
mainitence yea. thats 1 of the one of the best explaintions. Because once my brakes go out i hate even having them on uses weight i dont even need

I

infantry43RIDER

riding breakless post #15
oibmxpunx said:
im sick of stupid f*cking kids going brakeless just be cuz of edwin i mean its cool if u can handel it but some kid are just stupid i hate hate thos kids im so sick of them runing in to me at the park ok im done b*tching
i totally agree with you man.
riders that do it because they are little trend whores are just pissed me off...they can't handle it and it sucks.

ok i have been riding without brakes for 3 years...almost 4 years...so i can say that i started before edwin was big or whatever.
but i was reading some bio on edwin on like zooyork.com or some site and
like edwin said he never like dealing with brakes after his first set broke or whatever...so that is like the same reason i don't have mine anymore...i don't like to deal with all that stuff..and i know nothing about anything when it comes to brakes.

i definitly don't worry about the weight...

its just my style now...has been forever.

F

federal_rider12

riding breakless post #16
brakes weigh next to nothin so really they dont add weight(7 oz) my peg(peg that means 1!) weighs way more then my brake maintaince is somthin i understand y people dont want to run them but for me all i got to do is add a few drops of oil every month and their ready to go, 1 year 9 months and brakes only need only no hard maintaince

F

federal_rider12

riding breakless post #17
oil*

S

sentaafEQpovar

riding breakless post #18
theres an edit option....

takesd way more maintnece than that, u have to replace your cable and shit, if ur rims are wobbley, or ur wheels arent in that great of condition, it takes like half an hour to get your tire alighned to breaks when putting wheel back on, then u have to constantly adjust them for when u want them to work really tightly, or u want them not touching the rim at all and thus being loose, then if u deicide to get a gyro... gets even worse...i just have my brake pads off mosty the time

F

federal_rider12

riding breakless post #19
well for me i havent had trouble with breakin a cable in the past 2 years(of course i use to run a gyro) but now i got a straight cable and well im not hard on brake cables ne more so they last long for me and i got good springs so my brakes r always perfectly inline as long as i dont touch them but my brakes have only needed oil for the time i have had them, that may not be true for others, but for me my brakes do great and i dont have trouble with them and they r tight and feel great

S

sentaafEQpovar

riding breakless post #20
lucky bastard

New Topics