rideing freecoaster

• Discuss rideing freecoaster in the Street Riding forum in area BMX-Forum Community; hey does any one have anything to say about them. do you like them. does the 9t really affect the chain that much. there is no limit to how far you... ...
B

bmxtillidie

rideing freecoaster post #1
hey does any one have anything to say about them. do you like them. does the 9t really affect the chain that much. there is no limit to how far you can roll back is there? what does the it mean when they talk about the slack. is the KHE geisha light freecoaster good.

Last edited:
LVNrider

LVNrider

rideing freecoaster post #2
Well i used to ride a geisha 9t and i had no problems, in fact i'm looking at getting another one as it made riding alot more fun.
Slack is how far you have to pedal untill the hub engages, running little slack means quicker to engage but when when going fakie it is more likely to catch if you move the pedals forward without noticing and will throw you backwards.This is why most freecoaster riders run max slack.
If you get a good coaster there is no limit on howfar you can roll back but i rode a tuffneck one and it engaged after a few meters.
If the geisha lite is the same as the street i say go for it as it's the best coaster out there atm.

C1in7

C1in7

rideing freecoaster post #3
I have a KHE Astern and it's awesome, adjustable slack and it's verry smooth.
Love it

A-J

A-J

rideing freecoaster post #4
i run with the fed coaster 9 th lhd, i havent adjusted the slack,its at minimal tho... i love, apart from mine could do with some smoother bearings...

M

marks86

rideing freecoaster post #5
if your good at faking on a cassette and your really good with the maintence of your bike then a freecoaster is a great thing to try

Cru

Cru

rideing freecoaster post #6
if your good at faking on a cassette and your really good with the maintence of your bike then a freecoaster is a great thing to try
i dont think you gotta be good at faking to get a coaster-i sucked at faking for a long time then i got a freecoaster and it really helped me alot,then when i went back to a cassette i found i still had it.

M

marks86

rideing freecoaster post #7
ya but learning on how with a freecoaster sucks, if you already know how to faking when you buy a cassete a freecoaster is way more fun

New Topics