[REVIEW] Odyssey Griswald grips

• Discuss [REVIEW] Odyssey Griswald grips in the Reviews of bikes & parts forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I bought these about 2 weeks ago due to my Edwins dying I was going to buy edwins---> but my local bike shop only had them in burgundy!!! ( nothing... ...
JimmerMan

JimmerMan

[REVIEW] Odyssey Griswald grips post #1
I bought these about 2 weeks ago due to my Edwins dying

I was going to buy edwins---> but my local bike shop only had them in burgundy!!! ( nothing bad about that colour, just wudnt suite my bike)

So i asked the guy whether he had anything similar and he said he only had the Fit OG's and these new grips by odyssey.

I opted for the latter as loadsa ppl use fit grips.

I went home, fitted them onto my bike and went to my local park to have a lil shred

They felt extremely strange and i never thought i'd get used to them- but the next day, thy felt alot less weird, and the day after that- they started feeling nice!!

They feel very soft and the wood-like pattern looks kinda nice :D

Overall i would say- 8/10

PROS: Soooooo nice after getting used to, easily removable flanges, very soft feel, Jimmy Cielinki uses them!

CONS: Extremely weird at first, only available in either black or translucent colours, will probs wear quite quickly

Rep me if you found this heplful :D

T

troy

[REVIEW] Odyssey Griswald grips post #2
Not long enough to do a review on it. read the rules.

JimmerMan

JimmerMan

[REVIEW] Odyssey Griswald grips post #3
Surely thats just a guideline?

H

Hermes

[REVIEW] Odyssey Griswald grips post #4
ok.... you people have to stop being so tight-assed about the rules,..... what are your problems.....Thanks for the review man it was very helpful.... you did a good job

Last edited:
X

XboxKid

[REVIEW] Odyssey Griswald grips post #5
Cheers man. make sure to update this thread as time passes ill need some new grips soon.

Superbeast

Superbeast

[REVIEW] Odyssey Griswald grips post #6
Not long enough for an accurate review. Hell i've had mine for a month, But im waitin a bit, then I'll do an accurate review

Satay

Satay

[REVIEW] Odyssey Griswald grips post #7
they look too soft, idk if i would try them. i wore a hole in edwins in about three weeks :?

Superbeast

Superbeast

[REVIEW] Odyssey Griswald grips post #8
Not to jack the thread but i have had these grips for about a month an i rode almost every day. very minimal wear. only on the right grip an still not slippery at all

Ride Stoned

Ride Stoned

[REVIEW] Odyssey Griswald grips post #9
okay so its been a month, how are they now? im thinking of getting these for my next grips

ruzakruzak

ruzakruzak

[REVIEW] Odyssey Griswald grips post #10
And not even a single pic !! Kids are sooo lazy in these days... :roll:

TimeIsMoney

TimeIsMoney

[REVIEW] Odyssey Griswald grips post #11
Here are the colour I have mine in:

They are very grippy and have a nice feel to them aswell

BmX NiNjA

BmX NiNjA

[REVIEW] Odyssey Griswald grips post #12
nice review..i mite get these grips in purple rain!

B

bmx454545

[REVIEW] Odyssey Griswald grips post #13
i am going to add that the material for the colored and black are different

my friend had a pair of black and they wore down very quickly like edwins do, but the colored ones i have been riding started off feeling very plasticy and after a month or so of riding are losing that plastic feeling and have not started wearing down yet and are very soft

BmX NiNjA

BmX NiNjA

[REVIEW] Odyssey Griswald grips post #14
i am going to add that the material for the colored and black are different

my friend had a pair of black and they wore down very quickly like edwins do, but the colored ones i have been riding started off feeling very plasticy and after a month or so of riding are losing that plastic feeling and have not started wearing down yet and are very soft
do u like them mate?

B

bmx454545

[REVIEW] Odyssey Griswald grips post #15
do u like them mate?
yeh i didnt at first... but now there really nice and dont wear down....because usually i wear down grips relatively quick

fancyabum

fancyabum

[REVIEW] Odyssey Griswald grips post #16
I purchased these particular grips at my local cycle shop along with a pair of bicycle union gloves. I have ridden the grips in question every day for the past two months and have minimal wear, apart from me picking of the knurling when i am bored. They also come in a range of colors which is great, and they are only £6.99. I am very fond of these particular grips and i am sure i will purchase again in the near future. Thankyou and good day.

S

streetmuthaa

[REVIEW] Odyssey Griswald grips post #17
they are great grips, not slippy at all, but they do wear very quickly..

EdenBmx

EdenBmx

[REVIEW] Odyssey Griswald grips post #18
My mate wore them down in about a week but they are extremely comfy.

4341Krew

4341Krew

[REVIEW] Odyssey Griswald grips post #19
My mate has them.
Very nice!
I like!
Hahha

brad360whip

brad360whip

[REVIEW] Odyssey Griswald grips post #20
ive had these grips for about 2 months or so and they havent wore at all and i wear down grips fast and plus i use to have really rough hands and these grips made my hands softer haha

New Topics