[Review]Macneil Primary Sprocket

• Discuss [Review]Macneil Primary Sprocket in the Reviews of bikes & parts forum in area BMX-Forum Community; [IMG]http://www.zendistro.com/images/products/1253-B.jpg[/IMG] The Macneil Primary Sprocket is a fine example of a sprocket. It has killer looks... ...
L

Lay

[Review]Macneil Primary Sprocket post #1

The Macneil Primary Sprocket is a fine example of a sprocket. It has killer looks, functions very nicely, and is extremely light. I got this sprocket for fifty dollars Canadian, pretty cheap. The sprocket has eight sprocket bolt holes, for rotation. I have the 33T version, in black, and it has served me well. Although the weight and thin profile, the sprocket held up very nice, and is perfectly straight up to this day. It has experiences 180 bails, fakie bails and big drops.

PROS
-Light
-Looks Nice
-Very Stiff
-Multiple holes for rotation

CONS
-Not the cheapest sprocket
-Gives you doubts because of thinness

Overall I give the Macneil Primary Sprocket a 9.5/10.

B

Beerwolf

[Review]Macneil Primary Sprocket post #2
good review. ive been looking into getting one of these for a while

lowrider

lowrider

[Review]Macneil Primary Sprocket post #3
Good review.

JohnW

JohnW

[Review]Macneil Primary Sprocket post #4
Not really a very good review. What the hell are 180 bails, fakie bails, and big drops going to do to a sprocket? You can only judge how strong it is by bashing it off of stuff...

L

Lay

[Review]Macneil Primary Sprocket post #5
Not really a very good review. What the hell are 180 bails, fakie bails, and big drops going to do to a sprocket? You can only judge how strong it is by bashing it off of stuff...
Well, Let me see, Fakie puts enormous rotational force on the sprocket and it held up to it. Let's just say that the sprocket has gone through very much. This is the only Macneil Primary Sprocket review and I'm simply explaining what it has gone through.

JohnW

JohnW

[Review]Macneil Primary Sprocket post #6
Well, Let me see, Fakie puts enormous rotational force on the sprocket and it held up to it. Let's just say that the sprocket has gone through very much. This is the only Macneil Primary Sprocket review and I'm simply explaining what it has gone through.
That's less force than jumping on the pedal. If a sprocket can't hold up to that, then it's useless. You can't really review the strength of it if you haven't hit it on grinds or done sprocket stalls/slides.

Edit: How long have you had it, and how much wear is on the teeth?

Last edited:
TimeIsMoney

TimeIsMoney

[Review]Macneil Primary Sprocket post #7
Good review , I like the look of that sprocket

B

ben

[Review]Macneil Primary Sprocket post #8
You can only judge how strong it is by bashing it off of stuff...
Indeed, my review would be very different, put it on, half an hour session later I couldn't ride home it was so beat, stick to a m.d.s if you touch rails

moes

moes

[Review]Macneil Primary Sprocket post #9
no mds for me, my tree has held up to numerous sprocket grinds and stalls along with my shadow v2 chain. perfect combo IMO. this sprocket would be good for trails and thats it as far as i'm concerned.

G

giffels

[Review]Macneil Primary Sprocket post #10
My experience with this sprocket has been quite the contrary, my friend and I both purchased this sprockt at the same time, i had a 30T and he had a 28t. both of ours where slightly bent before the weeks end resulting in a ridiculous tight spot in my chain. neither of us run pegs and we never do any sprocket tricks, the only time i ever hit my sprocket is when screw up big time. we went through normal riding and i think i hit mine once and not very hard, in my opinion def not worth the money, weakest sprocket i have ever had, i replaced it with a odyssey vermont and have bashed the hell out of it and still no tight spots. i woudl go odyssey, i have been undewhelmed with all the macneil products i have owned ( I have had the pedals, sprocket, frame, hubs).but that is just my experience.

N

nutsgeezer

[Review]Macneil Primary Sprocket post #11
That's less force than jumping on the pedal. If a sprocket can't hold up to that, then it's useless. You can't really review the strength of it if you haven't hit it on grinds or done sprocket stalls/slides.

Edit: How long have you had it, and how much wear is on the teeth?
I agree. I was going to publish this until that final line.

C

Cosmonaut

[Review]Macneil Primary Sprocket post #12
i unno about u guys but i have the 25t version for the past 6 months and i love it...ive crank cased super hard clay dirt jumps, effed up on spines, sprocket slid ledges and qps and its held up pretty damn well...theres a lil bend but hardly noticeble, also the wear on the teeth is minimal, the paints gone but that was gone after the first week...i guess maybe i got the only good one they ever made, but frankly i love it, but i guess different strokes for different folks

whipitrnd

whipitrnd

[Review]Macneil Primary Sprocket post #13
Sweet Review
Might be tempted to get this as my next sprocket
Rep+

JohnW

JohnW

[Review]Macneil Primary Sprocket post #14

New Topics