[REVIEW] Kink Sound Sprocket 22T

• Discuss [REVIEW] Kink Sound Sprocket 22T in the Reviews of bikes & parts forum in area BMX-Forum Community; [img]http://www.danscomp.com/images/products/458175_Black.gif[/img] Very nice 4 spoke design, and pretty light too. My friend had a Sound so i thought... ...
Boney

Boney

[REVIEW] Kink Sound Sprocket 22T post #1

Very nice 4 spoke design, and pretty light too. My friend had a Sound so i thought why not give it a try, it looks great and seems really strong since he rides hard. Ive had this sprocket for 3 months, and it hasn't broken on me until today. I sometimes miss concrete grinds, so my sprocket hits pretty hard, and hasn't bent or anything. Pretty stiff and strong when it came to that. It basically does everything a sprocket does and should do, but, almost any 22T aluminum sprocket is really weak.

I did a high fakie air and as soon as my back tire landed and i started to put pedal pressure so i dont go 203942039430429302 miles an hour in fakie, the sprocket snapped hard, which I REALLY wasn't expecting since its held up so well.

I'm not sure how to rate this sprocket, because it did such a good job until then.
It's not a BAD sprocket, but I wouldn't buy the 22T version again

PRICE: $40 USD

Pros:
does what you want it to do
looks good
holds up to missed concrete grinds- no bends.

cons:
very fragile to pedal pressure, so if you do fast 180's and you put a lot of pedal pressure, don't get it.

6/10

Boney

Boney

[REVIEW] Kink Sound Sprocket 22T post #2
Also i'd like to say, the 19mm sprocket adapter doesn't sit flush on a profile spindle, so you have like 2mm of play between the sprocket and the spindle, which really sucks cause the sprocket doesn't stay straight, it wobbles up and down.

Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris

[REVIEW] Kink Sound Sprocket 22T post #3
I have the 25t and i've had it for 4 months, no problems what so ever. My friend broke 3 kink sprockets, hes a hard street rider though. I'm buying my friends ody vermont 28t for 5 bucks :D

JohnW

JohnW

[REVIEW] Kink Sound Sprocket 22T post #4
Just rotate it to the next hole. And bring your gearing up to 28-10. Then you'll have no more problems.

purplebmx23

purplebmx23

[REVIEW] Kink Sound Sprocket 22T post #5
preety nice !, if i had the money i would buy it for sure.

Boney

Boney

[REVIEW] Kink Sound Sprocket 22T post #6
John-
the sprocket's cracked in half, an i bought a 30T sprockybalboa :D

JohnW

JohnW

[REVIEW] Kink Sound Sprocket 22T post #7
John-
the sprocket's cracked in half, an i bought a 30T sprockybalboa :D
Oh no you didn't. Animal sprockets suck ass, should've gotten an Odyssey or Tree. Or bought my 28t Primo. That piece of crap will crack in half way easier.

Boney

Boney

[REVIEW] Kink Sound Sprocket 22T post #8
the 22T sprocky sucks, and i don't kill my whole bike on grinds :p besides its the only one they had in my bike shop, and i really wanted to ride.

M

MATRIX

[REVIEW] Kink Sound Sprocket 22T post #9
They snap...just like yours I have seen 3 so far just...ahh destroy themselves and never at a good time.

I'll rate them a 4/10

FBM FTW

Boney

Boney

[REVIEW] Kink Sound Sprocket 22T post #10
Any 22T, ALUMINUM spoked design sprocket will snap if you love fakies.

ruzakruzak

ruzakruzak

[REVIEW] Kink Sound Sprocket 22T post #11
Get a millon dollars one, nay ?

JohnW

JohnW

[REVIEW] Kink Sound Sprocket 22T post #12
Minty

Minty

[REVIEW] Kink Sound Sprocket 22T post #13
Get a United Squad 2008 sprocket in 28t. Looks similar but a bit stronger, and it's sooo good.

N

nico1528

[REVIEW] Kink Sound Sprocket 22T post #14

New Topics