[Review] Khe Hure Hub

• Discuss [Review] Khe Hure Hub in the Reviews of bikes & parts forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Well I've had this hub for a month and a half. Its smooth as hell. Yet keeping it light at only 14 ounces. Some people are talking and saying that... ...
S

screwglue

[Review] Khe Hure Hub post #1
Well I've had this hub for a month and a half. Its smooth as hell. Yet keeping it light at only 14 ounces. Some people are talking and saying that those khe EAS axle studs suck: well they dont there really strong, and if u do break one there replacable.

At first I got it on it wasnt all that smooth, bumpy, and dindt roll that good. 2 weeks into my hub and it rolled smooth and fast.

Hure Cassette Hub

The new HURE cassette hub comes with the “EAS” (Equal Axle System). The weight is 414g (14mm CrMo). KHE Cassette uses 6 Claws, and also features our own developed 3/3 clutch system where the power force of three claws is alternated. So the system allows more power than any other hub. The most important thing is that theirs a bearing where the main force and presure is working on: under the claws. Most BMX cassette hubs (from other brands) use bearings at the sprocket but none at the claws. Our KHE driver is featured with two smaller sealed bearings under the sprocket and one bigger bearing under the claws + two sealed bearings inside the alloy hub body. The "Hure" is available with 3/8” or 14mm axle, 36 or 48H. Coloured Coffee pearl. The front hub also comes with the “EAS” system & four sealed bearings used for Street or Dirt riding.

What's the matter with EAS system?
We have been working and testing our new axle system “Equal Axle System” (EAS). for quite some time now It is a rather simple & hollow oversized axle in which it utilises specially designed ends. The biggest problem generally faced in this area is that after a bolt brakes, the thread inside the axle can cause a problem. This is why we designed and developed our own system. Our KHE designed adapters come with a larger flanges placed behind the dropout so that in any case of the axle breaking, then our adapters can be easily replaced. KHE offers its adapters in alloy, titanium & CrMo. This way for example you can use an alloy adaptor on the left, and a CrMo or Titanium one on the right side. It just depends on which side you grind. Dirt Jumpers can use alloy on both sides if they don't use pegs. This way every rider can customise the hubs to fit his or her needs.
"The "Hure" has been holding up great. I used to have problems with cassette hubs, but the "Hure" never lets me down. The "Hure" front hub is one strong mofo."
Markus Wilke

"I ride a Hure hub, this hub runs so smooth and has an amazing look. This front hub is really fast and smooth, the hure hubs are the best!"

Harry Main

"The front hub is super fast and ultra light."
Basti Gross
http://www.khebikes.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=144&Itemid=47#

So i havnt had any problems so far, ill keep this updated if anything comes up.

Pros:
Light
Good Looking
the chicks body on the hub is nice
Sealed
runs eas
diffent design from most cassettes
replacable axle thingies in chromoly, titanium or alloy
cheaper than most hubs that are in the higher end range.

Cons:
if you dont like copper/brown that might be a bad thing cuz its the only color
scary face for the chick
9t only for the ppl who dont like thre sprockets wearing out fast.

9/10 cuz nothings perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
kkmk

kkmk

[Review] Khe Hure Hub post #2
Thats a super good review. I hate KHE though. Plus i hate g strings with that shape.

S

screwglue

[Review] Khe Hure Hub post #3
lol yea its soo old its like from the 80s where they wear g strings taht high

hah why do yo hate khe?

B

bicyclewizard

[Review] Khe Hure Hub post #4
nice review. I too, just got a KHE DIE HURE cassette. Incredibly light! I love the color!

S

Snake Lizard

[Review] Khe Hure Hub post #5
LOL, KHE calls all their back hubs "whore"

German Hure=Whore
Geisha=Whore

MrChikoStick

MrChikoStick

[Review] Khe Hure Hub post #6
Ha ^ thats funny

S

screwglue

[Review] Khe Hure Hub post #7
lol explains the pics of the girls.. hahaha

M

myuu

[Review] Khe Hure Hub post #8
B

bicyclewizard

[Review] Khe Hure Hub post #9
I've had mine for about 5 days of solid riding and holding up great!
One little issue is, every once in awhile, when I go to loosen the axle nuts, the stubs start to loosen. So I just need a cone wrench to hold it while taking off the axle nut. However, I think it is just because I need to rough up my new frame's dropouts to get some grip for the axle nut on the outside.

T

Timthekid

[Review] Khe Hure Hub post #10
lol that systemt hey used is interesting.

khe makes some good stuff.

S

screwglue

[Review] Khe Hure Hub post #11
oh, for me nothings bean wrong with it yet, regaarding the facts that the chick on there i wish could be hotter.

S

Scottehrm

[Review] Khe Hure Hub post #12
good review... nice pic on the hub to lol!!!

J

jason4130

[Review] Khe Hure Hub post #13
wanna know what they call it the hure "WHORE" its because theres separate axels that go in each end, kind of like how a whore takes it from both ends

S

screwglue

[Review] Khe Hure Hub post #14
lol wow. no one would want to take it from the mouth though man look at my hub pic see her face?

anyways what about lolita then?

G

gtbmx0222

[Review] Khe Hure Hub post #15
nice review!
is this hub loud or silent.....?
and google image search lolita with safesearch off and find out lol.

Ed3n

Ed3n

[Review] Khe Hure Hub post #16
hmm personally i hate mine, ive ran it for about 5 months now, runs quite smooth, but i hate the fact that i need a cone spanner to take the wheel off, im looking into getting the shadow consp new one

Ed3n

Ed3n

[Review] Khe Hure Hub post #17
oh yeh, and nice review though

flyjumper13

flyjumper13

[Review] Khe Hure Hub post #18
kkmk

kkmk

[Review] Khe Hure Hub post #19
more like, awesome idea! so the lolita is 2 hubs that share 1 axle between them?

why is the reverse called the reverse?

S

Snake Lizard

[Review] Khe Hure Hub post #20
why is the reverse called the reverse?
Because it's a freecoaster. Why do you ride a freecoaster? So you can ride backwards easier.

New Topics