[Review] fly bikes internal headset

• Discuss [Review] fly bikes internal headset in the Reviews of bikes & parts forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Well i ordered this about 2 weeks ago and ive been riding it about a week and a half now and i hate it. As i was ordering a fly bikes frame & the... ...
bettley661

bettley661

[Review] fly bikes internal headset post #1
Well i ordered this about 2 weeks ago and ive been riding it about a week and a half now and i hate it.
As i was ordering a fly bikes frame & the reputation that fly have i thought this would be a star buy. However i was wrong and so was one of my friends.

The first day i fitted this it worked fine and so did the second and third. After 4 days however i noticed that it had come loose so i took it apart and refitted it and again it was fine, maybe it was my fault? a day later it comes loose again, so my friend has a look at it and fits it back together again. You can probably see a pattern here...again it was fine for a day and has came loose! Thats my story...

A friend of mine has the same headset and has had it for about a month. After two weeks of riding said headset it has snapped in two!

im really disappointed with this headset and therefore it is getting a lowly 2/10.

The only nice word i have to say about this product is that its kind to the eye.

S

screwglue

[Review] fly bikes internal headset post #2
u saved me...:D

bettley661

bettley661

[Review] fly bikes internal headset post #3
I guess you were just about to buy it?

Chris

Chris

[Review] fly bikes internal headset post #4
did you install it correctly? as i know people who have had them for a few months with no problems.

Penn kalgh

Penn kalgh

[Review] fly bikes internal headset post #5
strange, most of the people i know who have internal headsets have this headset ever since it came out and it's running perfect for them "/ and how long have you been riding it?

bettley661

bettley661

[Review] fly bikes internal headset post #6
week and a half, and yes im pretty sure ive installed it properly as ive done it 3 times. My mates installed it for me once aswell

HBkid

HBkid

[Review] fly bikes internal headset post #7
You need 2 months before you do a review, but try switching the bearings around. I've seen several people ride these with no problems at all. If you really like the looks part just get a Kink headset with the Fly hop-up kit.

Penn kalgh

Penn kalgh

[Review] fly bikes internal headset post #8
if im correct you have to have been riding with the product atleast a month.
Also i know a few people with this headset and it's fine, are you sure you didn't have your compression bolt real tight?

ozzy

ozzy

[Review] fly bikes internal headset post #9
hmm.. im not sure about this review. first because the fly headset is just a head set. it shouldnt affect the tighteness of the itself. if your compression bolt is tight and the stem is tight and its all installed correctly there should be no problems. 2 of my friends have it and they have never had any problems.

W

Worcester Joe

[Review] fly bikes internal headset post #10
when you install a headset it takes a few rides to bed in.
With you removing it and re-installing it everytime it comes loose it will have to settle again. if it comes loose tighten it up, dont remove it.

Also, ever thought it could beyou compression nut or stem?

....safely say this is the first time i'll stick up for a fly product....

lalo pro

lalo pro

[Review] fly bikes internal headset post #11
mmm, that's pretty weird, i have the fly internal headseat for like 4 months and it´s perfect!! never came loose!! never!! and i'm doing barspins all the time(my favorite trick), truckdrivers and now tailwhips, and the headset it´s just perfect, so i must thing that you don't know how to install a headset or you just got a failed one!!

B

band aid

[Review] fly bikes internal headset post #12
mine's great not a problem at all with it [1.5 months]

moldaz

moldaz

[Review] fly bikes internal headset post #13
same here i had mine for the last 2 and half months and it is smooth.... no problems yet....

ATP

ATP

[Review] fly bikes internal headset post #14
I know a few with it, works great. You just gotta tighten your compression bolt a bit.

blkbike

blkbike

[Review] fly bikes internal headset post #15
for all the guys saying that he needs it for 2 month before reviewing... why wait longer to review if it is ****ing up, I think that rule stands for products that are working good. I mean if you break a fork in a week, do you have to let it sit there for two months before youreview it? Im not saying fly headsets are good or bad, just ease up on the review time thing.

D

dirkadirka

[Review] fly bikes internal headset post #16
my friend rides hard trails and snapped his in a week of no throwing the bike or casing.

idk i would only buy the bearings

bettley661

bettley661

[Review] fly bikes internal headset post #17
It seems some people have got bad ones and others good...or some have been lucky and unlucky.
But ive fixed it again it hasnt came loose but now its sounds like theres a squirrel in there so im gonna have to grease it or something...again

ATP

ATP

[Review] fly bikes internal headset post #18
my friend rides hard trails and snapped his in a week of no throwing the bike or casing.

idk i would only buy the bearings
The bearings are what would break? The hop up kit doesnt cause the creaking and whatnot.

HBkid

HBkid

[Review] fly bikes internal headset post #19
for all the guys saying that he needs it for 2 month before reviewing... why wait longer to review if it is ****ing up, I think that rule stands for products that are working good. I mean if you break a fork in a week, do you have to let it sit there for two months before youreview it? Im not saying fly headsets are good or bad, just ease up on the review time thing.

Even as the mod said, he isn't really letting it "bed" in. That's the only reason I mentioned it. It may take longer than 2 weeks to set in depending on how often the person rides.

moldaz

moldaz

[Review] fly bikes internal headset post #20
if you put grease on the bottom of the bearing... it will stop the creaking or popping noises...

New Topics