replacement drivers

• Discuss replacement drivers in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; how do i replace my stock driver with an odyssey? is there a link to a video showing how its done? ...
sturmruger

sturmruger

replacement drivers post #1
how do i replace my stock driver with an odyssey? is there a link to a video showing how its done?

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

replacement drivers post #2
what kind of hub do you have?

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

replacement drivers post #3
if you have an odyssey-compatible hub, it's easy.

1. remove wheel from frame
2. remove axle nut and drive-side cone nut
3. pull driver out of hub. it should slide right off but it may take some coaxing.
4. if the new driver does not already have pawls and springs, take the old ones off the old driver and replace the c-clip. make sure the new c-clip opening lines up with the slot on the driver.
5. drip a little bit of light oil or tiny bit of grease on the pawls
6. slide the driver onto the axle, into the hub and replace the cone nut.

sturmruger

sturmruger

replacement drivers post #4
what kind of hub do you have?
its the stock sealed joytech hub that came on my 07 gt calafia. i met a rider here who has the same bike. hes riding a 28-10 gearing. i asked if his hub was the stock joytech. he said yeah. stock joytech with an 10 odyssey replacement driver....:hmm:

Pau1

Pau1

replacement drivers post #5
if its a joytech, then ody drivers will fit. all you do is loosen the nut on the side of the driver, then it just slides off.

sturmruger

sturmruger

replacement drivers post #6
if its a joytech, then ody drivers will fit. all you do is loosen the nut on the side of the driver, then it just slides off.
cool! thanks!:clap:

New Topics