Removing Primo Hollowbites

• Discuss Removing Primo Hollowbites in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Okay, I bought a used S3 and Hollowbites. It just came in today with everything together. I've never removed the cranks on any of the old bikes I've... ...
T

thefrisbee

Removing Primo Hollowbites post #1
Okay, I bought a used S3 and Hollowbites. It just came in today with everything together. I've never removed the cranks on any of the old bikes I've had so i have no idea what to do. I removed the two bolts from either side of the crank arm, and the one that goes through the arm into the axle. Now what the heck do i do? I cant get the darn things off.

A-J

A-J

Removing Primo Hollowbites post #2
just loosen the pinch bolts, undo the ones which go into the axcel, and i use a rubber mallet and tap the off :)

T

thefrisbee

Removing Primo Hollowbites post #3
cool, I got the crank arms off.. I just gotta get the axle out. I would guess along the same lines? Just hit it with a rubber mallet?

T

thefrisbee

Removing Primo Hollowbites post #4
okay.. okay .. got that out. I CAN NOT get the damn bearings out.. any trick to that?

Pickles

Pickles

Removing Primo Hollowbites post #5
a bigger hammer

just dont hit the seals or inner race. thatll destroy the bearings. hit the outter race,hit it out a bit,then go 90* in either direction,do the same and keep going around hitting it out evenly.

and there you have your bearings (hopefully)

Levimoody

Levimoody

Removing Primo Hollowbites post #6
Yes but do NOT use a chisel to remove the bearings, i have a friend that did that and it went right through the bearing case... just be careful and don't be afraid to ask for more help...

T

thefrisbee

Removing Primo Hollowbites post #7
well.. I guess i can chalk that up to learning.. i will be buying new bearings now. :p and the damn things are still not out.

T

thefrisbee

Removing Primo Hollowbites post #8
Is they're like any kinda of special tool someone can point me to, to do this better?

R

ridefly

Removing Primo Hollowbites post #9
if you are getting new ones just destroy them little basta*ds, and when you go to put it all back together make sure you use a bike specific grease and it will prevent this from happening again

New Topics