Removing Gyro

• Discuss Removing Gyro in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I would like to remove the gyro off of my Backtrail X3 and i know how to take it off but am wondering if there is going to be a huge gap where the gyro... ...
  • Tags bike vert
S

SparkPlug_X3

Removing Gyro post #1
I would like to remove the gyro off of my Backtrail X3 and i know how to take it off but am wondering if there is going to be a huge gap where the gyro used to be?
Thanks

H

hartattack_199

Removing Gyro post #2
Why do u want to take it off??
i was going to once, but it looked like alot of work, and i wasn't in the mood, plus i don't know how

S

SparkPlug_X3

Removing Gyro post #3
beacuse i dont barspin and the cables sometimes get messed up and i could have beter brakes without it. so is there a way to get rid of da gap?

T

the hip hop soldier

Removing Gyro post #4
yeah u can cut ur fork down to get rid of it but u dont need to unless u hate it that bad, u just put a spacer in there and call it good and u will get used to seeing that gap there.

E

EasternBMX

Removing Gyro post #5
what a dumb ass you don't have to cut your fork you can get spacers and but them in place of the gyro of above your stem i doesn't really matter

E

EasternBMX

Removing Gyro post #6
god danm i'm sorry i did not read your whole reply sorry man

M

MetalBikez

Removing Gyro post #7
I didnt use spacers when i took mine off.
There wasnt a gap. :roll:

I like it alot more without the gryo. I think it looks better without it also.

S

SparkPlug_X3

Removing Gyro post #8
what bike do u have metalbikez?

M

MetalBikez

Removing Gyro post #9
I have a DK eightpack frame, Kink RedwingHandlebars, DKslic cable, DKbundy pegs, Poverty SofaSeat, S&Mpiece o' pipe(seatpost..) DK-dirt forks, DK Iron-Cross pedals(unsealed) peddles, Poverty 2-Piece crank,and normal-everyday Dia-Comp 990 brakes.

Nothing special for rims&hubs :roll:

S

specialized_bmx

Removing Gyro post #10
just take off the gyro and when you put your bars back on just tighten the top stem bolt ting alot and it wont move and there won't be a gap.

New Topics