Redesign BMX shoe

• Discuss Redesign BMX shoe in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hi everyone, I am working on a project to redesign BMX shoes. I would like to ask all the BMX experts to give me some suggestion or comments on how to... ...
W

windskii

Redesign BMX shoe post #1
Hi everyone,

I am working on a project to redesign BMX shoes. I would like to ask all the BMX experts to give me some suggestion or comments on how to improve BMX shoe. For example, what kind of problems you have with your shoes? What can be better than what in the market right now? What kind of support or protection you need when doing tricks ? What is your dream shoes ? Or anything about BMX shoes?

Thanks for your time

wind

M

Marcus Poopy

Redesign BMX shoe post #2
they need to have a stiff sole....a very thick yet soft insole. shock absorber in the heel. high enough to protect against ankle-bite. must fit tightly, but not too tight. they cant rip open so easily like LOTEKS(which suck imo)

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jak

Redesign BMX shoe post #3
a sole which wont desintegrate on contact with the floor would be good :) i like thin shoes too like my orchid van homen thin things so that too

Arch Enemy

Arch Enemy

Redesign BMX shoe post #4
Comfy, durable and stylish.

three things i look for when buying a new shoe

A

AaronBMX

Redesign BMX shoe post #5
i want some stylisch wooden shoes like clogs.

bmx1986

bmx1986

Redesign BMX shoe post #6
Vans rowley xlt sole (soft, flexible, thin, grippy), with harder rubber at the toes for footjams, and harder rubber at the heel for braking. Regular height with loads of ankle support. Slim simple styling, no garish colours.

The only way you can better the market for me is to take some vans rowley xlts and add harder wearing patches of sole at the toes and heel, keep the waffle sole feel at the pedals.

J

Jamie

Redesign BMX shoe post #7
first question, do you ride bmx? do you know it? if not, dont start.

M

Marcus Poopy

Redesign BMX shoe post #8
first question, do you ride bmx? do you know it? if not, dont start.
no offence, but you seem to be an asshole by everything ive seen that youve said.
although you are right. so maybe your like one of those wise old men who seem like assholes but theyre really not...

At1x

At1x

Redesign BMX shoe post #9
smalze

smalze

Redesign BMX shoe post #10
yer hard thick sole and decent padding. impact stuff for well impact. but make sure there still quite flexible.
my favourite shoe design are lotek nightwolfs... thats a good shape

Valvecap

Valvecap

Redesign BMX shoe post #11
a hard, thick sole, perfect for brakeless riders. Some fashionable colours(fluorescent). Increased durability at the toe for footjams. And with a strap, i love straps

A

Angry Dave

Redesign BMX shoe post #12
vans whip 2 but with a mid-top design so my seat doesnt eat my ankle alive

AustinK

AustinK

Redesign BMX shoe post #13
I would reccomend for the actual grip to either be a waffle like vans or the wavy type like nike.

I would look for more ankle support in a bmx shoe as i currently wear an ankle brake when i ride.
I also really like the shock absorber that my nikes have.

eastpak

eastpak

Redesign BMX shoe post #14
Make those soles last longer!

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

Redesign BMX shoe post #15
i would rather ride a shoe with a thick, stiff sole, but some riders want a thin sole.

raised padding on the inside of the ankle for protection would be nice.

denser material in the ball-of-foot area for footjams would be nice as well. an extra bit of material on the outside of the little toe knuckle area would be good because footjam tricks often smash toes between the tire and fork crown.

lewis211

lewis211

Redesign BMX shoe post #16
metal soles!!! and rubber pedals!!! for brakeless, ud have to footjame harder tho lol. jk

oggyogden

oggyogden

Redesign BMX shoe post #17
Hi-tops with built in ankle protection with a sole that wont wear down quickly for brakeless riders, but with a lot of grip too

sandman2866

sandman2866

Redesign BMX shoe post #18
deffiently lots of support for the ankles bailing alot kills my ankles and they awalys hurt it b nice 2 have a show the absorbs impact...very durable sole the shoes i bought like 3 weeks ago are already worn right threw the sole tight fit and it be nice if it breaths well 2

MoNsTaR

MoNsTaR

Redesign BMX shoe post #19
make them wide so i can fit my ****ing feet with authotics in them!!!!!!!!!

MoNsTaR

MoNsTaR

Redesign BMX shoe post #20
and less bulky, but still padded and comfy

New Topics