Recommendations

• Discuss Recommendations in the The Music Lounge forum in area BMX-Forum Community - more stuff; Want the forum to recommend you some music? Ask in here! Try not to be vague, if you simply ask for 'good music', you might receive recommendations... ...
J

jawn

Recommendations post #1
Want the forum to recommend you some music? Ask in here!

Try not to be vague, if you simply ask for 'good music', you might receive recommendations from genres or bands that you don't like. Likewise, if you are stoked on something & want to recommend it of your own accord (as opposed to being asked), give us an idea of what kind of music it is.

Jaames

Jaames

Recommendations post #2
I'd like to know about some more synth pop bands kinda like Devo.

The Radness

The Radness

Recommendations post #3
None of these bands are exactly like devo, but they all have synth pop influence

1. Hellogoodbye
2. Idiot Pilot
3. mgmt

give those a listen

Jaames

Jaames

Recommendations post #4
None of these bands are exactly like devo, but they all have synth pop influence

1. Hellogoodbye
2. Idiot Pilot
3. mgmt

give those a listen
Love that band. Got into them after they did a Deftones cover.

elijah

elijah

Recommendations post #5

1. Hellogoodbye
2. Idiot Pilot
3. mgmt

give those a listen
MGMT is such good chill out music.

Samirol

Samirol

Recommendations post #6
I'd like to know about some more synth pop bands kinda like Devo.
My favorite synthpop band is Wolfsheim, you could give them a try

K

kevinblahh

Recommendations post #7
50 caliber.

Patrickk

Patrickk

Recommendations post #8

1. Hellogoodbye
2. Idiot Pilot
3. mgmt

give those a listen
what about mindless self indulgence?

they are more rock than pop but use a lot of keyboards.

also reggie and the full effect.

jacobsparling

jacobsparling

Recommendations post #9
T.I.-Swagger like us

Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris

Recommendations post #10
What are some good indie pands like Bloc Party?

Patrickk

Patrickk

Recommendations post #11
Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris

Recommendations post #12
Interpol, The Strokes, and Pinback are my favorites along with Bloc Party.
thanks + rep interpol and the strokes are also my favorite, I'll give Pinback a try

Patrickk

Patrickk

Recommendations post #13
i actually heard them on the radio when i was in California a while back and it turned out they were pretty popular.

B

berg

Recommendations post #14
Looking for new music.

Im looking for kinda up beat tight stuff. For while I'm riding. What do you guys have in mind?

EDIT: No Screamo.

G

goldendragon

Recommendations post #15
I like the epic music in the cutseens from the Final Fantasy games but I can't find out who the artists are, what the songs are, or even what genre it is. Some of them are chorus and others and instrumental and I love them. Some of them get me really hyped up and others are really relaxing but its aggrevating because I don't know where to look to get them downloaded onto my shuffle.

My question to you guys is who are the bands/artists that play these songs so I can download them off of i-tunes.

elijah

elijah

Recommendations post #16
I like the epic music in the cutseens from the Final Fantasy games but I can't find out who the artists are, what the songs are, or even what genre it is. Some of them are chorus and others and instrumental and I love them. Some of them get me really hyped up and others are really relaxing but its aggrevating because I don't know where to look to get them downloaded onto my shuffle.

My question to you guys is who are the bands/artists that play these songs so I can download them off of i-tunes.
Nobuo Uematsu is the main composer for most of the final fantasy music. some of the most famous songs include:
One Winged Angel (Metal Version),
Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children - Battle Theme,
Final Fantasy 7 - (Advent Children) Divinity I,
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children-Divinity II,
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children - For the Reunion.

if your into that kinda stuff might be worth looking into Utada Hikaru, the guy who does all the music for Kingdom Hearts.

if you cant find anything PM me and ill send them over to you :)

G

goldendragon

Recommendations post #17
if your into that kinda stuff might be worth looking into Utada Hikaru, the guy who does all the music for Kingdom Hearts.
I primarily like the chorus type songs but some of the orchestra is ok I guess. I like to listen to a lot of stuff depending on my mood. When I want to feel bad-@$$ I listen to screamo(Lamb of God is good), I just really like Metallica, Shadows Fall, and Slipknot. If I want to relax its the chorus stuff. If I'm pissed it has to be screamo. If I'm upset I like Metallica's One or one of their other slower songs. Sometimes I like Garth Brookes and other times I like Aerosmith. And then every-once-in-a-while I like Snoop Dog and Eminem.

I'm pretty random but I have always like the chorus music from the FF games. Never could get into Kingdom Hearts though, too much random involvement with other games IMO.

Chris

Chris

Recommendations post #18
recommend me upbeat.

NO MGMT i'm over the over played crap.

Chris

Chris

Recommendations post #20
just had a listen not my kinda thing. looking for an indie, electropop style.

New Topics