Rebuilding Rear Hub on Mira 540

• Discuss Rebuilding Rear Hub on Mira 540 in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; While I've rebuilt many hubs in the past, this is the first time I'm rebuilding a hub on an urban style bike. The bike is a Haro Mira 540. The rear... ...
L

LeonD

Rebuilding Rear Hub on Mira 540 post #1
While I've rebuilt many hubs in the past, this is the first time I'm rebuilding a hub on an urban style bike. The bike is a Haro Mira 540.

The rear wheel has lots of free play so I decided to tear into the hub. Once in, I found two things that were odd:

1. There are different size bearing on either side of the hub. One size is fairly large and the other is very, very small. Is this normal?

2. It seems like there are bearing missing on each side. There are gaps where two, three or four bearing could fit. Should those spaces be there?

If I decide to go with all new bearings, how do I decided which size to use?

Thanks,
LeonD

Biggles

Biggles

Rebuilding Rear Hub on Mira 540 post #2
pics would help a lot

nowhales180

nowhales180

Rebuilding Rear Hub on Mira 540 post #3
yeah man,

JustinCarter

JustinCarter

Rebuilding Rear Hub on Mira 540 post #4
Sealed or unsealed? Also there are suppose to be 2 different size bearings if its unsealed.

L

LeonD

Rebuilding Rear Hub on Mira 540 post #5
Thanks for the replies. I'll try to get some pics.

It is unsealed. I'm used to working on road and mtn bikes. This is my first time working on my son's Haro Mira. I've never seen two different size bearings being used.

Should the races be filled with bearings or should there be any spaces (gaps).

Thanks again,
LeonD

New Topics