rear rim advice

• Discuss rear rim advice in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; im thinkin about buyin 1 of these [dont want to spend to much money]: 1. demolition zero - i like the way it looks like;] 2. hazard lite what would... ...
C

chomik

rear rim advice post #1
im thinkin about buyin 1 of these [dont want to spend to much money]:
1. demolition zero - i like the way it looks like;]
2. hazard lite
what would you go for?

another question - do above 2 rims require different spoke length ?

Last edited:
ATP

ATP

rear rim advice post #2
Demolition, had one with 5 spokes missing, stayed true, tough as hell. Haz Lights a great too, but I dont like them like 7KA's.

POST 3000 for me. I need a life.

SDriot

SDriot

rear rim advice post #3
im gettin the zero this or next weekend:):):):)

M

m419bmx

rear rim advice post #4
had great luck with the hazard lights but i also prefer the 7kas!

C

chomik

rear rim advice post #5
and what about spokes' length ? do these 2 rims have the same height ? [hope u kno what i mean - my english is not very good ;] ATP - i see u r running 7ka now - did u have to change ur spokes to the longer/shorter ones when u were replacin ur rim from demolition zero to 7ka ?

Last edited:
Mathias

Mathias

rear rim advice post #6
I have the Hazard Lite in the rear and I love it. Get it.

C

chomik

rear rim advice post #7
thread closed - im gettin hazard lite ;]

thanks every1 for your advice ;]

G

gtbmx0222

rear rim advice post #8
and what about spokes' length ? do these 2 rims have the same height ? [hope u kno what i mean - my english is not very good ;] ATP - i see u r running 7ka now - did u have to change ur spokes to the longer/shorter ones when u were replacin ur rim from demolition zero to 7ka ?
dont get the zero. and NEVER reuse spokes. ever.

ATP

ATP

rear rim advice post #9
dont get the zero. and NEVER reuse spokes. ever.
Don't get the Zero? Why is that my friend? I hope you have had experience with this rim to say such a thing. And reusing spokes is fine if they're still somewhat new, and being relaced the same way.

And I had to buy wayyy longer spokes for my 7KA, because I switched from 48H to 36H, and changed rims, and laced it 4X.

T

Tricky_ab

rear rim advice post #10
Get the demo Zero, solid rim...I ran one and I loved it...I'm not the best rider and it held up well...DO IT!!!

B

band aid

rear rim advice post #11
get a primo balance if it isn't too late!

Bowlesy

Bowlesy

rear rim advice post #12
for a front wheel go for the odyssey hazard lites. rear wheel check out the odyssey mid rim. I got it and love it. and it's still not that much heavier than the hazards.

lalo pro

lalo pro

rear rim advice post #13
go with the oddysey, but if you have more money, get a 7ka it worths the money!!, but if you want to have a good wheel you have to buy good spokes, that's for sure!!!

New Topics