Re-Treadable Tires

• Discuss Re-Treadable Tires in the NBR - Not BMX Related forum in area BMX-Forum Community - more stuff; does anyone think its posible to re-tread a tire like they do on trucks ive tryed a few things like just putting silicon on tyres but that hasent... ...
  • Tags bike
M

Mad MiKuS

Re-Treadable Tires post #1
does anyone think its posible to re-tread a tire like they do on trucks ive tryed a few things like just putting silicon on tyres but that hasent worked
the reason i would like to know is because i do lots of skids down massive hills (for fun) its sortof like me and my frieds trade mark anyways i was thinking towards the line of getting a strip od 5 mil thick rubber and wide enough to cover my tire and coating my tire with shoogoo then putting the rubber on but im not shure :?

G

gt_thumps

Re-Treadable Tires post #2
that sounds like it would work. cept shoogoo some times starts to split under pressure and crack. just try it with an old tire.

M

MetalBikez

Re-Treadable Tires post #3
Na, just buy new tires, there not all that expensive.
Or find an old 20"(or w/e size frame you have, like 16") an old 20" tire from any 20" bike, and get the tires off of that!

Simple enough, right? :p

M

Mad MiKuS

Re-Treadable Tires post #4
yeh thanx MetalBikez but the aim for me is too put rubber that will leave a mark on pavment for a whilei was thinking of cutting a car tyre so it would fit a bike tyre that should leave a decent black mark right???

E

evanc

Re-Treadable Tires post #5
That's the stupidest idea I have ever heard of. Jesus, where should I begin? If you can't afford to buy new tires, then stop skidding. God damn. Would you want some rubber strip cheaply glued to your tire to just fall off going down said hill and getting mashed in your spokes? God, this was so incredibly stupid. I think my IQ just dropped 94 points from reading this.

M

Mad MiKuS

Re-Treadable Tires post #6
yer well atleast im not too scared to try new things like re treading tyres only a pussy like evanc would bother b!tching about re treading tryes i mean why post telling me i will crash my bike i tihnk its my choice not urs ok! and i can afford to buy new tryes for ur infomation i just wonna leav a black mark on concrete if you bothers to read above and whats with the
I think my IQ just dropped 94 points from reading this.
???
do you actuly care about reading a few post's that much? stop wining and post somewere else apart from this thread :x

E

evanc

Re-Treadable Tires post #7
Alright man, listen up. You complain about wearing down your tires. From what? SKIDDING. What did you think was going to happen? If you want to do it, go for it. But that's the most idiodic, retarded post I've seen all week.

I

infantry43RIDER

Re-Treadable Tires post #8
yea if you skid that is going to happen quick....tires should last a long time if you just ride them without all that skidding stuff....and yes they are pretty damn cheap...id buy new ones and not try to retread or whatever....

M

Mad MiKuS

Re-Treadable Tires post #9
ok well i tihnk your all missing the point i want to leav a really black mark, ive tryed everything

E

evanc

Re-Treadable Tires post #10
Use some chalk. Jeebus.

H

headhunter555

Re-Treadable Tires post #11
spray paint....

B

Bailer

Re-Treadable Tires post #12
buy a tyre made out of softer rubber