Raw Bmx Frame

• Discuss Raw Bmx Frame in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; hi can anyone give me any tips on what to use to get a raw colour on my frame. i have a steel frame with paint on and i am gettin bored of the colour... ...
P

Pedro5190

Raw Bmx Frame post #1
hi
can anyone give me any tips on what to use to get a raw colour on my frame.
i have a steel frame with paint on and i am gettin bored of the colour
thanks sam

tpm1

tpm1

Raw Bmx Frame post #2
paint stripper and clearcoat.

D

D.Mills

Raw Bmx Frame post #3
nitromorse, get it from any wilkos.

If your not in the UK just get some paint stripper/ also same applies in UK paint stripper does the job.

T

troy

Raw Bmx Frame post #4
Aircraft grade stripper. the spray on one preferably.

J

Jak

Raw Bmx Frame post #5
nitromors is very good look it up

T

tsi

Raw Bmx Frame post #6
paint stripper and clearcoat.
yes

put a huge glob of paint strip on the the frame wait for how long it says the get steel wool and a wire brush, and brush it off.

they will still be paint on there so do the same process over again until it's all gone.

after that put layers of clear coat on it

johnuk

johnuk

Raw Bmx Frame post #7
if you have an angle grinder, or can borrow one, buy a twisted wire cup brush for it (4 pounds - machine mart) and use that - it'll rip through the paint but not the steel

M

mbers

Raw Bmx Frame post #8
toothpaste+peanut butter works well for rawing frames.

aldrix

aldrix

Raw Bmx Frame post #9
toothpaste+peanut butter works well for rawing frames.
Plus you can get some minty protein while you're at it. :)

skavenger256

skavenger256

Raw Bmx Frame post #10
Just use a wirewheel.

P

Pedro5190

Raw Bmx Frame post #11
does the toothpaste and peanut butter actually work lol
and when i finished it does tht mean my bike will atract flys and animals due to the smell of peanut butter haha
let me know
thanks for all the replies guys
sam

Pyropro

Pyropro

Raw Bmx Frame post #12
Speaking of RAW. I have a Haro R1 that came factory RAW, the clear is tough as nails. My problem is, I let my kid use it and he scratched the clear and I have rust marks. What can I use to take the clear off to remove the rust? I have a rust remover, but it doesn't take the clear off. I'm stuck and my bike looks like crap. Any ideas?

johnuk

johnuk

Raw Bmx Frame post #13
Clearcoat is just paint basically. Paintstripper or the wire brush (drill or angle grinder powered)

My personal favourite it the wire brush cup on an angle grinder - just need to be careful. It's cheap, quick, not chemically messy and easy

Pyropro

Pyropro

Raw Bmx Frame post #14
Clearcoat is just paint basically. Paintstripper or the wire brush (drill or angle grinder powered)
Thanks for the paintstripper tip. It works great. I got a gel type that I can spot apply. It's a long process, strip clear, clean rust, then re-clear. But I won't have any grinding or sandpaper marks!:D Thanks again.
+1 on your rep.

Nudnik

Nudnik

Raw Bmx Frame post #15
I just completely "raw"-ing my entire bike (everything except the headset and spokes) and it turned out great. If you like how it looks you can see how I did it at my blog.

New Topics