Ramps

• Discuss Ramps in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Have any of you guys ever ridden a 4 ft spine? I want to build something like that, but don't really know if it would work. 4 feet high would be... ...
  • Tags bmx bmx trix vert
H

haro_bmx_king

Ramps post #1
Have any of you guys ever ridden a 4 ft spine? I want to build something like that, but don't really know if it would work. 4 feet high would be nice, because it would take less wood than a 5 ft spine. If 4 feet is good, what should I do for a transition radius?

T

terrible-1

Ramps post #2
What about the Bmx trix 5 foot spine www.bmxtrix.com look under how tos and then ramp plans then 5 foot spine

G

Ramps post #3
he specifically said he didnt want a 5-foot spine. I have a four foot spine at my house and it's perfectly good to ride. you should use a 6-6.5 foot tranny rad.

H

haro_bmx_king

Ramps post #4
how wide is it panteraman? What do you have for the radius? Can you air out any? Thanks

S

sentaafEQpovar

Ramps post #5
make it go vert, *i think* cuase u cant really air a non vert q-pipe, or at least i have never been able to, cuase then i get pushed over the lip
but then again if u want a retarted spine that is uber easy to jump over, then make the q-pipes non vert
oh coolness, some church did this, if u make the spine into two seperate q-pipes back to back, then in the right spots, u can set em up against walls to make wall ride q-pipe gap things, or in like an alley or with sum supposrt or sumthing, u can make a half pipe, or u could make a hip if u learn them on corners of stuff, it r neeto, thats just my opinion though

G

Ramps post #6
airing out is fine you just have to learn. Miniramps arent vert and i dont know a single person who can't get 2 feet out of a mini. The rad is about 6 feet. It's about 5 feet wide

S

sentaafEQpovar

Ramps post #7
i cant air a mini :/ but i can get like 1-2 feet out of a vert q-pipe

G

Ramps post #8
practice

H

haro_bmx_king

Ramps post #9
Would one more foot added to a spine make it "that" much better??? The reason I ask, is that I was told that four foot is like the absolute minimum, but stepping up to five feet makes a world of difference. Is this true do you think? Thanks

G

Ramps post #10
no.

S

sentaafEQpovar

Ramps post #11
i would think it would be much more nicer seeing as how it takes only a little more wood

H

haro_bmx_king

Ramps post #12
NO, it does not just take a little bit more wood. You need a total of 4 sheets of 3/4 inch plywood JUST for the transition plates. That does not include the other 8 for the sheeting. BTW, that is part of the wood list from www.bmxtrix.com ..... BUT, if I make the ramp only four feet tall, then I can eliminate 2 of the transition plates, and maybe only need six sheets for the sheeting. Two more sheets might not seem a lot, but when one sheet of 3/4 CDX is running $25.00 at my local Home Depot, that is a lot.

T

Todd

Ramps post #13
Make it 5.5 feet high at 12 feet wide with 1 over 1 transition, use wood for the coping part so that you can practice fufanus and abubicas on it. If your doing this then make it in groups that are 3 feet wide, so you have a total of eight 5 foot high by 3 feet wide quarter pipes, then if you want you can make your spine, or turn it around and make a halfpipe, plus its easier to store this way.

New Topics