ramp

• Discuss ramp in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i don`t know where to post this so i`ll just post it in here. anyways my grandpaw built me a ramp (pyramid) and its made out of just regular plywood... ...
D

DrunkPunk180

ramp post #1
i don`t know where to post this so i`ll just post it in here. anyways my grandpaw built me a ramp (pyramid) and its made out of just regular plywood and i don`t know what to do to protect it from the weather (rain ect) i don`t have anything to put it under b.c its to big is there any ramp armour or special stuff or do i just have to put a tarp over it

D

DrunkPunk180

ramp post #2
in other words is there any way i can waterproof it?

gorgorothrider

gorgorothrider

ramp post #3
well you could paint it but plywood are never eternal

D

DrunkPunk180

ramp post #4
would the paint protect it from rain?

K

kyle

ramp post #5
the paint would prtect it for awhile.. then eventually it will just not work. you could buy some of that waterproof stuff.. just goto your Home Depot and ask them.. im sure theyd know more than a bunch of punk bmxers.

F

federal_rider12

ramp post #6
poly ureathane or masonite or the most expensive and best skatelite

D

DrunkPunk180

ramp post #7
lol ok

M

MuffinMan

ramp post #8
put a garbage bag over it =p

P

[PRIMO]

ramp post #9
if you have any unused tarps handing aroung throw that on it with something heavy to hold it down.

T

Trimix

ramp post #10
Yea....tarps over it all the time, or use a waterseal compound. Use THOMPSONS water seal on it. You can get it at a Home Depot.

Plywood, outside, no matter what you do will be history in a few short years. Might make 3 -4 depending on HOW it was constructed.

F

federal_rider12

ramp post #11
stupid double posts

F

federal_rider12

ramp post #12
well it can last quite some time if you use a masonite type of stuff, skatelite, or even a certain type of rubber, but skatelite can be expensive(i dont know about rubber or masonite) but it keeps the ramps good for longer and protects against damage from bails and wrecks

D

DrunkPunk180

ramp post #13
whats skatelite?

F

federal_rider12

ramp post #14
8O if you ever been to a good park they will probably use skatelite because its great. just check out there site you will get enough info about everything

http://www.skatelite.com/home.html

D

DrunkPunk180

ramp post #15
o ok i know what ure talkin about now, that stuff is expensive

S

sandmriderbmx

ramp post #16
use woodstain like u would on yur deck or w/e

D

DrunkPunk180

ramp post #17
will that waterproof it?

S

sandmriderbmx

ramp post #18
thts wat its for

D

DrunkPunk180

ramp post #19
lol you have a point there

F

federal_rider12

ramp post #20
a stain doesnt waterproof it, you need a waterproof stain. but still if you cut it chip it or whatever which im sure the ramp will then the waterproofer wont work the rain will go right into the wood. go to lowes or some kind of major hardware store or something and look for masonite, i hear its cheap but no where near as good as skatelite but will do just fine, and tell them you want to use it to cover plywood and they should be able to show you where it is, if they have it

New Topics