Race Results from 5-27-07

• Discuss Race Results from 5-27-07 in the BMX Racing forum in area BMX-Forum Community; ok, so me and my nephew raced this past weekend. i ran a total of 8 motos 3 class (17+ rookie) (moto 6) 3 open (14+ open) (moto 12) 2 mains holl... ...
D

Don 79 TA

Race Results from 5-27-07 post #1
ok, so me and my nephew raced this past weekend.
i ran a total of 8 motos
3 class (17+ rookie) (moto 6)
3 open (14+ open) (moto 12)
2 mains

holl crap was that alot of work.
i placed 1-1-1 in my class (not realizing there was a main) i placed 2nd in that 7th race of the day, i was beat by a 1/4 of a bike, and boy am i still F'n pissed at myself

then two mins after that, the track official is chasing me down saying you have another race, i was like wtf.. he said mains for the open class, i had no idea about it, now i know why the one guy who jack rabbited the starts stopped in the race, he was preserving himself
so in that main i placed 5th out of 8, i was totally gassed out, bone dry on fuel, i slipped a pedal off the gate and was in 8th, but still pulled 3 down

in the open class race i placed 1,2,3
i had a 1 in the last race, but i stopped on the tracked, yelled at the 2 guys to not quite and lets run, so they ran past me, it was awesome

i started the open class, i asked for it, and the lady put me and my nephew down, so i raced him :)

there were 24 motos total, so not much rest in between, not to mention i am recovering from a major sinus/respiratory infection, so i was very proud of myself. i felt like i was running good

my nephew placed 3,3,3 in his class (14 yo rookie)
and placed 3,3,4 in open class
not bad considering he was racing 30+ yo's

this has been so awesome to do with him
i have a 2nd place trophy which i signed and gave to my parents :)
they didn't have any 3rd place trophies left for my nephew, so he is supposed to claim it next week

i can not believe on the first main race for the trophy i was in first until the last 5 feet of the track, and i started in gate #1, not bad considering i suck a$$$ on the gate, REALLY badly

all i keep telling my nephew is NEVER quit always run hard

and on top of that, it was humid, and ALOT (emphasis ALOT) of pollen out, which i am highly allergic to

this was at the shoreham track

D

Don 79 TA

Race Results from 5-27-07 post #2
I'm thinking of taking my nephew to the track in Meriden CT this weekend

New Topics