R.I.P Linda Dorsey

• Discuss R.I.P Linda Dorsey in the BMX Racing forum in area BMX-Forum Community; For those of you who have not heard yet Linda Dorsey lost her battle with cancer and has passed away. I remember she always brought a smile to my face... ...
M

mhoshii

R.I.P Linda Dorsey post #1
For those of you who have not heard yet Linda Dorsey lost her battle with cancer and has passed away. I remember she always brought a smile to my face every time I saw her. She will be greatly missed and the racing community suffered a great loss.

he sport of BMX has lost one of it's most "vocal" supporters with news of the death of Linda Dorsey.

Linda was involved with BMX for more years than most of us will ever be involved, and she literally, has "seen em come and seen em go" when it comes to almost all aspects of the sport.

Linda has announced at all levels of the sport, and is best remembered for her great voice, exciting announcing style and knowledge of the riders on the course.

One of the hallmarks of her style was her use of the "Spanish rolling R" as in one of her racing favorites, by announcing, BMX Legend, "Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrobbie Mirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrranda".

Dorsey was a factor on the NBL National scene for years, it just wasn't the NBL Grands without Linda, and in the future, it just won't quite be the same without Linda.

We could go on and on, but it's going to be hard to beat comments from her "partner in crime", Roger Plaskett, one of the best announcers around who spent many a weekend, locked in announcing towers across the country with her, working hard together with our dear friend, NBL Announcing Great, Linda Dorsey.

From Roger, via VintageBMX.com - Last night the National Bicycle league lost one of its most dedicated and loyal volunteers. Announcing great Linda Dorsey lost her two year battle with cancer and has passed away.

It was in 1992 when she first called me and asked me to do the Grands with her. I have done every one of them since then. Linda and I had a wondeful chemistry in the tower together and the memories that she provided me with are some of the best that I too will someday take to my grave.

My heart sank today when I got the call as I had just spoken with her on the Woodward weekend and it was evident then that the end was approaching.

Any success that I have enjoyed in the NBL, can be directly related to the wonderful race weekends that we shared together.

She taught me so much about how to announce, relax, and most of all, have a good time.

I will miss her tremendously.

The only "Official Voice" of the National Bicycle League, has been forever silenced. - Rog Plaskett

Funeral arrangements will be a small gathering for family and close friends, next Saturday, October 11th, but messages of condolence may be sent to the family via her son, Bryan at http://dorsey132.com/linda/.
R.I.P. Linda. You are already missed

wickyman

wickyman

R.I.P Linda Dorsey post #2
R.I.P. She was a great woman to the sport of BMX. This is a huge loss to our community. :( I wonder if they will make some kind of support race, or something, in her honor?

M

mhoshii

R.I.P Linda Dorsey post #3
the NBL California State Championships which I believe are this weekend will be dedicated to her. They are at Manzanita in Prunedale.

New Topics