quick *?*

• Discuss quick *?* in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; can any one tell me how to check my spindle size? i need to get euro bb, but i dont know what size to order, or how to find the size of my spindle. i... ...
Corey7733

Corey7733

quick *?* post #1
can any one tell me how to check my spindle size? i need to get euro bb, but i dont know what size to order, or how to find the size of my spindle.
i have the stock crank that came on an 07 eastern shovel head, with spanish bb....

Levimoody

Levimoody

quick *?* post #2
Take it out and measure? Im gonna guess 20mm.

Corey7733

Corey7733

quick *?* post #3
the width? diamater? what exactly do i measuree.. its obv out of the bike already, if im looking for bb to put into another bike jeez man! :)

E RaK

E RaK

quick *?* post #4
the diameter

L

Lay

quick *?* post #5
Oh, It's the diameter. just measure the bb inner shell diameter.

Corey7733

Corey7733

quick *?* post #6
inner shell diameter? i dont wanna sound like a newb, but this is the first time i have ever had to figure out spindle size.
can some shoe me a diagram or something? i have a micrometer... can i stick that right on there, and see what it says?? or is that not gonna be right?

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

quick *?* post #7
Look at the casing of your old bearings it should say on there. Should be 19 or 22 but there is a chance it's 20.

Jeff_Healitt

Jeff_Healitt

quick *?* post #8
You can do what you thinking.... the O.D. where the bearings sit is what you want.
Are thy sealed?

Corey7733

Corey7733

quick *?* post #9
i dont have the old bearings. the micrometer almost dead. but it says 20mm. the O.D. of the shaft is the inside diameter of the bearings? i think, i hope...

Corey7733

Corey7733

quick *?* post #10
ahhh where can i find 20mm euro bb. gotta be from a place that ships to canada... bmxtransition.com doesnt have 20mm, 3ride.com doesnt.
at danscomp.com, theres this:
http://www.danscomp.com/456020.php?cat=PARTS
will that work for me?

E RaK

E RaK

quick *?* post #11
looks like it should work

Corey7733

Corey7733

quick *?* post #12
what does a conversion kit do? in the pic, i dont see the threads... looks like doesnt cut it.. :p im so tight on cash, i cant be buying stuff that doesnt fit... and then sending back and paying all these shipping fees. id rather buy a used 20mm euro bb that i know will work...

Corey7733

Corey7733

quick *?* post #13
i think i need to buy a whole new crank :( fackkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahh!! this sucks. is there any cranks that come with euro? faccckkk. im gonna end up spening like $250 on this... shhittttyyyy deal. ahhh rarr grrr... fk.

Corey7733

Corey7733

quick *?* post #15
im gonna get a primo powerbites crank, and a euro bb to come with it from danscomp.... but i dunno when im gonn have the cash for that ): thanks for the help guys :)

Corey7733

Corey7733

quick *?* post #16
thanks E RaK.. thats not bad. niice... ill see what happens :)

Corey7733

Corey7733

quick *?* post #17
euro bb in 19mm is actually 20? a guy on pinkbike is selling one, he said it says 19mm on the box, but its actually 20 when he measured it. is this true? can i trust the guy?

Pickles

Pickles

quick *?* post #18
email eastern

also,avoid splines. a lot of people like them,a lot of people dont like them. Im one that doesnt, and heres why Primos specifically are better than splines:
-pinch bolts
splines develop wobble, also pinch bolts aid a TON in service.
-warranty
Primo warrantys almost ANYTHING wrong with their cranks. Stripped a thread? warranty. crack? warranty. hit by a car? you know I havent tried....

Last edited:

New Topics