Questions About Fixing popped tires

• Discuss Questions About Fixing popped tires in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Well i managed to pop my tire on the first day of buying a bmx so should i just buy like a new tube (or w/e the inside this is called) or should i just... ...
G

grinspoon7

Questions About Fixing popped tires post #1
Well i managed to pop my tire on the first day of buying a bmx so should i just buy like a new tube (or w/e the inside this is called) or should i just get a hole repair kit?

dsboy

dsboy

Questions About Fixing popped tires post #2
get a patch kit, i patch my tubes. but make sure to get the ones with the glue, not the quick patches

G

grinspoon7

Questions About Fixing popped tires post #3
..shit i got no bike stores close to me that are open tmrw....

biketillidie

biketillidie

Questions About Fixing popped tires post #4
Patch kit. Scratch up the area around the puncture with the supplied piece of abrasive paper, apply glue, wait 30 secs, put patch on and make sure all edges are sealed down. Done.

A

AlexB

Questions About Fixing popped tires post #5
Patch kit. Scratch up the area around the puncture with the supplied piece of abrasive paper, apply glue, wait 30 secs, put patch on and make sure all edges are sealed down. Done.
I stick some glue over the edges to make sure its air tight.

I carry around a spare tube + puncher repair kit.

Both are usefull, but I hate repair kits.

If you can afford it, tubes.

Get high PSI tyres, at least 100. I run two 80 PSI's (Highest the garage pump goes) and never get punchers from riding, unless it's glass etc. I've clipped some things really baddly and it just rolls.

High PSI baby :)

biketillidie

biketillidie

Questions About Fixing popped tires post #6
Yeah, I've just ordered some new Ody tyres.

L

Lay

Questions About Fixing popped tires post #7
To be honest get a new tube, There's no gateways for the air to go out, it's much more convient and it's only a few bucks more. Run your tubes at 100-90 PSI, Therefore you won't get any pinchflats.

G

grinspoon7

Questions About Fixing popped tires post #8
iigt guys thanks for the advice i'll buy tubes when my bike store is open on monday but for now i'll just patch it up cause i'm friend gave me a patch kit

dsboy

dsboy

Questions About Fixing popped tires post #9
patches work fine lmao, i popped 2 tubes(same tyre -.-) in a week and i was getting pissed so i just patched both of them and every day i check them before i ride and there rock hard.

G

grinspoon7

Questions About Fixing popped tires post #10
yea i just totally failed at patchin LMFAO it is actually so pathetic if thye hold up for like 1 hour i'll b happy

A

AustinKO

Questions About Fixing popped tires post #12
any convience store carries patch kits. or atleast they do here.

fluorescent

fluorescent

Questions About Fixing popped tires post #13
rough it up with sand paper, put the glue on and leave it for 20 or 25 mins so it's basically completely dry. Then when you put the patch on the glue is ready to react straight away and it works better.

M

MATRIX

Questions About Fixing popped tires post #14
NEVER repair unless your stuck. Always use a new tube.

New Topics