question.. ?!?!

• Discuss question.. ?!?! in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; hi guys! i want to do a question to you.. this is my bmx:[url]http://www.bmx-style.com/1Powermatic_schw.jpg[/url] someone said me that it is a street... ...
  • Tags bike bikes bmx flair flatland guide street street bike street bmx
R

ride888

question.. ?!?! post #2
what

T

traildemon

question.. ?!?! post #3
what the freakin' hell...that's a street bike...how long have you been riding???
I bet you just bought a bmx because you saw matt hoffman pul a couple of flairs and now you just use your bike to go to the grocery.
step 1: choose a dicipline
step2: STICK with it and don't weasel out because it's too hard

M

Mr_Shrapnel

question.. ?!?! post #4
ok, i am really tempted to insult you badly however i will refrain from doing so and i will tell you this:

there is no such thing as a street bike, certain companies will give that discription as a rough guideline, for example if it is loaded with a double wishbone design, 14mm alxes, four pegs two breaks, gyro, and thick tubing through out the frame, bars, and forks, then they may call it a street frame but this does not mean that it is illegal to ride the trails or ride flat on it. but it is true that bikes which are considered to be flatland bikes do have slightly different geometry than most other bikes eg steeper head tube and steat tube, shorter, top tube and rear end, but most importantly flat land bikes have a freecoaster hub, the powermatic does not.

descriptions such as street bike and trail bike are nothing more than guidelines as to what that bike has been designed to be used for, and should have no bearing what so ever on what you do on it, and as such there is no reason what so ever why you cant do some flat links on it afterall it does have four pegs which is one of the most important thing to have on a bike which will be used for flat. however it is worth noting that it does not have a freecoaster hub meaning that soem tricks and links will be very hard to do, but hell i still ride flat and do flat type tricks and i have no pegs and one rear brake without a gyro.

i take it you have not been riding long so i will give you a bit of advice: bmx IS freestyle you can do whatever you want, when you want, where you want, and on what you want. there are no rules, if you want to ride flat on your bike, why are you reading this, you should have found a car park already.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

question.. ?!?! post #5
the simple answer is yes you can do flatland on your bike, you can also ride street, parks, and dirt on your bike.

have fun.

M

-MatT-

question.. ?!?! post #6
traildemon said:
what the freakin' hell...that's a street bike...how long have you been riding???
I bet you just bought a bmx because you saw matt hoffman pul a couple of flairs and now you just use your bike to go to the grocery.
i didn't buy a bmx because i sow matt hoffman or dave mirra or other guys..i bought a bmx because..i can't say in english what i feel( :evil: )..however you must know that i put a name on my bmx,it's like a girl for me..i like stay with her and play with her.. oohhh shit!!! i can't say what i would like to say..
please don't lough reading this..it's more o less what i feel..
(thank you mr_shrapnel)
goodbye.

E

EasternBMX

question.. ?!?! post #7
Why are all of you guys ass holes he can't type formal english like we can so he had a little trouble with his question. You can do anything you want on any bike and don't wurry about the idiots on this boerd.

D

Darkmana

question.. ?!?! post #8
traildemon said:
You should be ashamed of yourself for responding like such a dumbass. How the hell are newcomers to BMX supposed to feel when they`re treated like this???? How do you know why he bought a bike?? You know nothing about him other than his question!

As for your 2 step guide....well....I say ride whatever you want to. Personally I ride everything. I`m better at vert/park, but I keep myself open to everything. That is NOT weaseling out.

Grow up, shave then go home.

DM

I

infantry43RIDER

question.. ?!?! post #9
you don't have to choose just one type of riding...so don't listen to that douche...that was really dumb...you can ride whatever you want with any bike as long as you like the bike.
just get one that you like and ride it however you want to.

T

Trimix

question.. ?!?! post #10
And now I get to say to you.....

Word

D

Devourment 138

question.. ?!?! post #11
I doubt that that bike will stop you from riding what you want, wether it is street, or trails, or just crashing into cars. Some people on this board think they are the shlt....thats what they are.... shlt. take your bike and ride whatever you feel like :D

your bike is good, enjoy.

E

Element Biker Dude

question.. ?!?! post #12
wtf??? 8O

M

Mr_Shrapnel

question.. ?!?! post #13
hey matt where are you from?

i have to admit i do insult people quite frequently, but thats only people who should know better, it sucks when people insult new riders who are not quite sure whats what, because its not going to help progress bmx in any.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

question.. ?!?! post #14
trail demon your a ****.

M

-MatT-

question.. ?!?! post #15
Mr_Shrapnel said:
hey matt where are you from?
i'm from italy and you?
thank you for your answers. :)

T

titanium_s&m

question.. ?!?! post #16
bit of a stupid question

trail mx, what does the mx stand for? can someone tell me. its a soft question i know :roll:

M

Mr_Shrapnel

question.. ?!?! post #17
in from england, and i wil tell you this, i know for a fact that you can speak english better than i can speak italian. Much respect.

oh and titanium s&m, mx stands for moto-cross, just like the mx in bmx.

L

leon_luxton

question.. ?!?! post #18
^^^were in england ya from mate

F

FOL

question.. ?!?! post #19
traildemon said:
bull shit, different disciplines are almsot different sports...(at least, compairng flat with vert for example)

M

Mr_Shrapnel

question.. ?!?! post #20
from a city called st.albans in hertforshire, just outside london really. what about you

New Topics