Putting it together

• Discuss Putting it together in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; :P Hi people Does anybody have any tips for putting together an unbuilt mail order bike because mine is coming in a few days and i've never built one... ...
  • Tags bike bikes bikes com bmx shop
B

BMXbrother

Putting it together post #1
:p Hi people
Does anybody have any tips for putting together an unbuilt mail order bike because mine is coming in a few days and i've never built one before!
Thanx

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Putting it together post #2
TAKE YOUR TIME AND TRY NOT TO GET IRRITATED. even if it takes several days

oh and if you dont know how to put a part on or dont have the right tools, do not hesitate to ask someone, like a retard in this forum, or at a bike shop.

oh, and make sure you do not bodge your crank bearings, and headset.

B

BMXbrother

Putting it together post #3
O.k thanx i'll be sure to follow your advice.
Sounds like it comes from experience!

el nombre

el nombre

Putting it together post #4
From experience i've found that bikes come with most of the stuff already on. Usually its just the front wheel, pedals, saddle and sometimes handlebars. My bike came like that and so do all the bikes that come in to the shop that I work in

F

federal_rider12

Putting it together post #5
if its completely disassembled you better go to a bike shop and let them do it because it is harder then you might think or go buy a bike repair book and take your time and read the entire thing but you dont have some of the required tools to put it together like chain breaker and cup press(not really required but helps alot) so its best to let a shop put it together or at least buy a bike repair guide because there is way too much to write down for someone whos never put a bike together

D

Devourment 138

Putting it together post #6
grease is the word....is the word, is emotion :D Dont forget about the whole pedal being threaded in the opposite direction on one side...thing. What kind of bike did you order, and from where?

B

BMXbrother

Putting it together post #7

New Topics