pulling front end high easier: help

• Discuss pulling front end high easier: help in the Street Riding forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i've had my hops at about 20 inchs for a wile... i've been trying to get them to the 30 icnch mark. But it's take all my effort to get the bike... ...
iRon37

iRon37

pulling front end high easier: help post #1
i've had my hops at about 20 inchs for a wile... i've been trying to get them to the 30 icnch mark. But it's take all my effort to get the bike verticle that i can't levle out. So i need to know how to get the front end up easier.

i've looked at many trick tips alll useless

B

BustedKnuckle

pulling front end high easier: help post #2
Practice, practice, practice. If that doesn't work, start doing some push-ups and pull ups to get your chest and back stronger. You can also try making the front end lighter. But I'd start with the practice.

TheSamurai

TheSamurai

pulling front end high easier: help post #3
Practice, practice, practice. If that doesn't work, start doing some push-ups and pull ups to get your chest and back stronger. You can also try making the front end lighter. But I'd start with the practice.
you forgot to mention practice!

seriously though, push ups and pull ups if you don't want to or can't go to the gym. it will make a big difference.

iRon37

iRon37

pulling front end high easier: help post #4
would practising manuels help? simalr motion.

203rider

pulling front end high easier: help post #5
Odyssey Aaron Ross bars! They made my hops higher...:hihi:

Justin

Justin

pulling front end high easier: help post #6
Please just talk bikes.

iRon37

iRon37

pulling front end high easier: help post #7
all i did was lean back a little and that helped.
i was ridi8ng a 18" bmx bike and was hopping over two feet and landed a 360...

so i think my bikes just big for me still so that'll make it harder.

K

Karl H. Marx

pulling front end high easier: help post #8
Pull up with your whole body not just your arms.

TheSamurai

TheSamurai

pulling front end high easier: help post #9
another example...

when when hopping over high objects, i lean back (link i would for a manual) and then jump while pulling the bars up at the same time. hope that helps a bit.

gxmon3y

gxmon3y

pulling front end high easier: help post #10
I Lean Back Till Im Almost Standing And Just Jump Up With My Whole Body That Helps Me But I Would To Pull Ups And Push Ups Plus Practice
Pull Ups + Push Ups + Practice = Better Jump

X

XboxKid

pulling front end high easier: help post #11
Get stronger and lean back more.

TheSamurai

TheSamurai

pulling front end high easier: help post #12
I Lean Back Till Im Almost Standing And Just Jump Up With My Whole Body That Helps Me But I Would To Pull Ups And Push Ups Plus Practice
Pull Ups + Push Ups + Practice = Better Jump

push ups are a pushing motion... hopping is a pull motion. soooo, pull ups. do both though as symetry is a wonderful thing.

Giggidy

Giggidy

pulling front end high easier: help post #13
push ups are a pushing motion... hopping is a pull motion. soooo, pull ups. do both though as symetry is a wonderful thing.
Aye but push ups build your strength... which you need. So press ups and pull ups are good, but at the end of the day its all about practice.

iRon37

iRon37

pulling front end high easier: help post #14
idk what your all talking about... the way i just learnd is all with the legs.

TheSamurai

TheSamurai

pulling front end high easier: help post #15
Aye but push ups build your strength... which you need. So press ups and pull ups are good, but at the end of the day its all about practice.
what exactly are you saying? if you agree then ok, but if you're trying to say that push-ups are better for the motion of hopping then you have no clue.

Fey

Fey

pulling front end high easier: help post #16
I got given advice today which was:

Lift the bars up with your body not your arms.

TheSamurai

TheSamurai

pulling front end high easier: help post #17
did you tape braces to your arms to see if it worked? :roll:

L

Lay

pulling front end high easier: help post #18
I got given advice today which was:

Lift the bars up with your body not your arms.
Listen to this guy. It's so true. Just focus all your energy into your body as one swooping motion. Lean back, pull up as high as you can and level out in the air.

bmx4lyfe28

bmx4lyfe28

pulling front end high easier: help post #19
just go to a taller ledge then ull have the motivation to get that high and u will thats how i got it

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

pulling front end high easier: help post #20
On the technical side of things you can slam your wheel (shorter the rear faster the lift) and make sure your bars are dead lined up with your forks.

New Topics