prototype cable hanger

• Discuss prototype cable hanger in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r273/iRide34/DSC00109.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r273/iRide34/DSC00108.jpg[/IMG]... ...
iRide34

iRide34

prototype cable hanger post #1

made it myself haha
whatu guys think

Matthew

Matthew

prototype cable hanger post #2
looks pretty good
how much of a difference has it made to the feel of the brakes?

Coldow91

Coldow91

prototype cable hanger post #3
Really cool idea!!!

iRide34

iRide34

prototype cable hanger post #4
no cable flex and brakes feel awsome

Minitrix

Minitrix

prototype cable hanger post #5
Patent it before Eastern steals it and drills holes all over.

iRide34

iRide34

prototype cable hanger post #6
its funny cause its true

DanielRobinson

DanielRobinson

prototype cable hanger post #7
that looks so cool...

R

RoXJoSh

prototype cable hanger post #8
Id ask for instructions on how you made it but cant be bothered to try it myself :p.

Beanie

Beanie

prototype cable hanger post #9
Patent it before Eastern steals it and drills holes all over.

how does eastern drill holes in it when the chain has hollow pins and hollowed sections on the sideplates...

your an idiot, eastern does their weight saving in smart ways in low stress areas, stop bending them over and using odysseys' pole to make fun of eastern with

ozzy

ozzy

prototype cable hanger post #10
inovative idea but considering that u used a hanger to make a hanger is kinda um well dumb. and i bet its way heavier with the chain. not that im being a trnd wieght whore. but it looks cool.

B

band aid

prototype cable hanger post #11
cool.....

kkmk

kkmk

prototype cable hanger post #12
The problem with doing that is that the cable nver gores through the chain right in the middle of the link, Its alwasy restign against the rolled on one side or another, so youll never get a perfectly even pull. At least i didnt when i tried a similar thing. I do like the way you incorporated spokes with chain though.

Minitrix

Minitrix

prototype cable hanger post #13
how does eastern drill holes in it when the chain has hollow pins and hollowed sections on the sideplates...

your an idiot, eastern does their weight saving in smart ways in low stress areas, stop bending them over and using odysseys' pole to make fun of eastern with
Fine, they won't drill holes in it...
They'll make it out of titanium and sell it massively overpriced.

fitbike61

fitbike61

prototype cable hanger post #14
cool mod. btw what kinda sprocket is that? looks sick.

ParkLife

ParkLife

prototype cable hanger post #15

Ahahahaa, thas halarious.

Busades

Busades

prototype cable hanger post #16
your an idiot, eastern does their weight saving in smart ways in low stress areas,
Rethink that statement

Having spoke mods on your brakes is relatively useless, you are only changing the area of your brake system that flexes. Not to mention that it forces you to have your wheel perfectly centered.

Wildbill

Wildbill

prototype cable hanger post #17
Having spoke mods on your brakes is relatively useless, you are only changing the area of your brake system that flexes. Not to mention that it forces you to have your wheel perfectly centered.
I dont think thats entirely true.

Anyway cool idea. Similar to mine. I hate the cable hanger for the Evos, it makes that tight spot in the straddle cable which evetually snaps easily.

I took my london mod, stripped it down. Cut 2 spokes of equal length, used the knarps on the one end of the spokes. Thread the nipples on the other end. The spokes run through the ends of the london mod. This makes my brake system very adjustable and responsive. It also looks very clean. When i get a better camera i will post a pic of it.

ozzy

ozzy

prototype cable hanger post #18
ya i jus use a coat hanger as the straddlt cable it looks good and works great.

iRide34

iRide34

prototype cable hanger post #19
cool mod. btw what kinda sprocket is that? looks sick.
its a fly last years i think i dont know anymore i got it for free so

and as for the i used a hanger yes hense the prototype im working out all the kinks
ill looking for a wedge for between the link there the cable geos to get it centered
and after a day of riding it it has really improved the braking

Penn kalgh

Penn kalgh

prototype cable hanger post #20

yes another person on the "who thinks minitrix is an idiot" crusade.

If Eastern made weak parts do you think they would still be in buisness?

Nice idea!

New Topics