Protection?

• Discuss Protection? in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; So yeah I wanna get some good protection...I dont care if it looks lame or is uncomfortable. I dont wanna get hurt. :) Anywhom I have been looking... ...
  • Tags bmx bmx full bmx helmet dirt street vert
U

unilogo

Protection? post #1
So yeah I wanna get some good protection...I dont care if it looks lame or is uncomfortable. I dont wanna get hurt. :)

Anywhom I have been looking around and I have a couple questions.

1)So i see full face helmets and just top of your head helmets. Whats the difference? Also would it be possible to use a full face helmet on street and vert?I see alot of dirt racers use it but no street and vert riders.

2)What brand would you recommend for helmet, knee pads,elbow pads,and gloves?Just reliable stuff . Price is no problem.

Any help is greatly apreciated.

thanks. :)

R

rage2k3

Protection? post #2
ok, first up full face helmets. The reason why rider wear them is because the way they ride the could easily bash their face open like a vert rider. Some people ride street with a full face but thats not needed, you proably won't faceplant... You hands will come out first. Also Full face's are damn hot, you's sweat you ass of if you wear it all day. Thats why a brain bucket is way better for street or dirt. It's lighter and not very hot. But overall it's up to the rider, what they want to wear. Bit do the same thing prevent you brains from splattering on the ground.

Now gloves and misc safty items. Obiously fox gloves, i find sidewinders are the best, curently I ride Thor but fox is better. For elbowpads whatever the local bike shop has will do, this isn't realy a nececity when riding. However knee/shin pads are. Teyr for a shin/knee combe fox ventelators the best leg protection. Or try seperate shin knee pads. lke this
I don't know what ones are the best but any will do the job. THe job, to protect you legs from getting knicked up.

But I dont ride with gear unless i'm hitting hardcore trails or park/vert. I do wear my helmet everywhere tho.
Sorry if this wasn't much help but i'm not a pro on saftey gear.

S

Super S***

Protection? post #3
tsg make good padsand helmets. the difference is with a full face, is that the jaw guard stops you from smashing your jaw and genraly is a better, more comfy fit.alot of vert riders use full faces but not many street riders do,i dont know why but i find it gets in my way when i am trying to look aroung when i am in the air and landing so i just wear a normal one but i prefer not to wear one at all cuz i dont even jump that high anyways.

E

evanc

Protection? post #4
I'm going to refrain from commenting on your choice of words for the topic line.

Now, with that out of the way, you skin is the best protection.

I

infantry43RIDER

Protection? post #5
hell yes

although when learning the crank flip i wore shin pads but not anymore...

R

rage2k3

Protection? post #6
oh, I almost forgot..... Always wear condoms to prevent std's

Poseidon

Poseidon

Protection? post #7

rage2k3 said:
oh, I almost forgot..... Always wear condoms to prevent std's
Evan already covered that.

R

rage2k3

Protection? post #8
but you can't stress the importaince enought tho...

Sorry about reapeating what evan said

G

gt_thumps

Protection? post #9
i just wear a protec open face helmet. and nothing else for pads. i ride dirt. what the diff between a moto helmet and a bmx full-face helmet. is the bmx helmet lighter? sry if this is supposed to be its own topic.

I

infantry43RIDER

Protection? post #10
doesn't seem like there is much of a difference between them...im not a fan of the open face helmets...when i ride bigger trails i just strap on a protect old school :rock:

415fsxrules

Protection? post #11
i have never wore protection never will it is not needed. but a a full face helmet would have helped when i broke my nose and got a concussion when i faceplanted but otherwise it is not gonna matter in the end.

S

Super S***

Protection? post #12
gt_thumps said:
i just wear a protec open face helmet. and nothing else for pads. i ride dirt. what the diff between a moto helmet and a bmx full-face helmet. is the bmx helmet lighter? sry if this is supposed to be its own topic.
MX helmets are heavier and thicker protected with thicker plastic and inside padding.i know this sounds a bit strange but i am making it free to remarks.

S

Super S***

Protection? post #13
415fsxrules said:
i have never wore protection never will it is not needed
u r a brave guy. how many kids do u have?

U

unilogo

Protection? post #14
thanks for the info guys ..now to go buy the stuff.. laters.

U

unilogo

Protection? post #15
oh yeah guys has anyone shoped of fox?

i am saying this because i am not sure if they are selling "one glove" or a "pair".

anyone know if they mean one or two gloves or one or two elbow pads?

www.foxracing.com

any help apreciated.

I

infantry43RIDER

Protection? post #16
by fox stuff at dans comp..
www.danscomp.com
they sell in pairs for gloves and elbow pads there...

or get them at albes
www.albes.com

whatever one you want...

New Topics