PROS

• Discuss PROS in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; are any pros on this board or even been here ? ...
  • Tags bmx bmx com
R

rideBMx

PROS post #1
are any pros on this board or even been here ?

J

johntheguru

PROS post #2
i have been sponsored.

not a pro tho.

and it was in trials, not bmx. thats what got me into bmx.

john

E

evanc

PROS post #3
doubt it

G

gt_thumps

PROS post #4
doubt it. but maybe. they wouldnt say so if any1 was.

I

infantry43RIDER

PROS post #5
im not a pro...i don't want to be a pro
but i do ride for a small clothing company...

S

Super S***

PROS post #6
what makes you a pro or not?i know a 12 year old sk8er that was sponsered by 3 companys but i bet you lot couldnt give a s*it

F

FOL

PROS post #7
the dictionairy meaning of "a professional" is "someone who does it for his living"

I

infantry43RIDER

PROS post #8
lol yea someone thats get payed for what they do...but im guessing in terms of bmx...

for the contest riders...you would kinda be pro once you make the step and join the pro level when entering

for the non contest riders...i have no idea what classifies pro and am...cause a lot of my friends have little "sponsorships" but they don't concider themselves pro and either do i...

J

johntheguru

PROS post #9
pro has nothing to do with contest categories because anyone can enter pro category if they wanted (except if they are invitationals ie. x-gaes etc.)

it is based on whether it is you main income.

you need to be on a salary and it be your main income.

john

I

infantry43RIDER

PROS post #10
put there is a lot of "pro's" out there that have sponsorships and shit like that...their sponsors don't pay them...they just hook them up with the products or clothes or whatever...many of them own companies and thats their income but no one in terms of their sponsors or whatever pays them...only thing i can think of if someone gets paid in bmx is winning the comps in pro or am level you get a cash prize or whatever and or something like dave mirra for doing ads and shit for non bmx companies or ads for magazines and stuff like that...but you don't really get paid just for being a pro in this sport...

J

johntheguru

PROS post #11
infantry43RIDER said:
put there is a lot of "pro's" out there that have sponsorships and shit like that...their sponsors don't pay them...they just hook them up with the products or clothes or whatever...many of them own companies and thats their income but no one in terms of their sponsors or whatever pays them...only thing i can think of if someone gets paid in bmx is winning the comps in pro or am level you get a cash prize or whatever and or something like dave mirra for doing ads and shit for non bmx companies or ads for magazines and stuff like that...but you don't really get paid just for being a pro in this sport...
robbie morales would not be a 'pro' if he didn't own fit. he is not good enough. he kind of sponsors himself. never the less, he is a pro.

people that have sponsors but with no money involved are classed as being on the 'flow' team, where the company just flows products to you.

a pro has to be paid to ride for a company. just like anyone gets payed to work for someone.

it has nothing to do with contests at all.

john

I

infantry43RIDER

PROS post #12
yea

i just didn't think most of the "pros" get paid in this sport...most of them are just a flow team member with their sponsors... :?:

G

gt_thumps

PROS post #13
yeah. cause all the small rider owned companies cant pay money to sponser pro's. ex...terrible one i believe.

I

infantry43RIDER

PROS post #14
yea idk...i really don't like the fact that the sponsors pay the pros to be on the team...its bmx..idk this may sound completely homosexual but i just think it should be about whether you like there stuff and if you like there stuff send them a tape and maybe you can get hooked up..thats what i think it should be if you really have to get sponsored in the first place..i say leave the "real pros" to do homo ads for non bmx related products like dave mirra and such...cause they get paid to do that shit...

idk thats my opinion...that all means that in my opinion there is only like 20 technical pros in bmx lol oh well...

F

FOL

PROS post #15
Man, just let them do the commercials, they need money to keep a living as well you know.

I

infantry43RIDER

PROS post #16
i know i know

im just not a fan of that...but i know what they are doing it for...money

F

FOL

PROS post #17
infantry43RIDER said:
i know i know

im just not a fan of that...but i know what they are doing it for...money
the exact same as with fighting sports. Many free fighters do "american show wrestling" and commercials because it gives them alot of money. :)

New Topics