Progressing...

• Discuss Progressing... in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey - I learned something new last night! It's funny, sometimes you work and work on something, suck at it, and then lay off for a week or two, jump... ...
  • Tags 180 360 barspin bike disaster flatland jump manual tailwhip
T

Trimix

Progressing... post #1
Hey - I learned something new last night! It's funny, sometimes you work and work on something, suck at it, and then lay off for a week or two, jump back into the same trick and nail it the first time. Seems like working on tricks is that way sometimes.....you have to think about them for a while.

NOW - I am not talking a super fancy dancy tailwhip/X-up/360 or something insane like that, but only simple 180's and 360's. I have been working on the 360's off curbs, small wedges, etc.....and cannot nail them well yet, but 180's landing on the tail and spinning the remaining 180 I can do, and 180's up ramps are easy.....I pulled this thing yesterday, giving myself a little more speed, and 180'd with the front wheel on the transition, and the back wheel on the deck (sprocket over the coping). I then worked on getting it 360 around, and nailed it several times!! To some this may be petty, but you guys know I think riding is about fun.....and this was fun as hell!! All I had to do was get use to the bike "stalling" due to the deck "holding" the back wheel. Again, this may sound stupid to some.....but I could throw an Xup into it and make a hell of trick out of it, whatever it's called. Can you spell F U N? (evanc is going to slap me....watch)

D

Darkmana

Progressing... post #2
Sounds like a disaster to me. Try doing a barspin into the disaster...they look good when done well.

DM

I

infantry43RIDER

Progressing... post #3
yea i think its called a disaster but whatever thats tight trimix...those are fun.

T

Trimix

Progressing... post #4
I see a lot of people talking about shin gaurds, and what bike to get.....that sort of thing, but do ya'll ever talk about the riding you did the day before, etc. Like, I don't know what the rest of you were doing, but I was spinning 360 disasters, to fakie for two hours yersterday. That associated with about 50 launches off the ramp. What did you ride yesterday? What are you working on, and what did you learn?

F

FOL

Progressing... post #5
hehe indeed you are right. About the actually riding not much is being said.

I am practising flatland: manual, tailwhip, squaekers and some infinity roll... tailwhip is getting alone and will succeed more often in probably a (few) week(s ).... I just started practising squakers, which isn't too easy, but it is getting better already. Manual...hmm it is hard. I notice I can get the bike more often up for a few seconds...but really long isn't withint my capabilities yet. Is it harder with a flatland bike (I heard it has a shorter frame than streetbikes)?

oh well, that was what I did today, and I'll go ride in2.5 hours again...:)

*I hope it doesn't rain*

V

Vic_Vega

Progressing... post #6
I've been hucking HUGE gaps lately...that's more of my style than tech stuff. Don't get me wrong, I get ultra stoked to see someone pull an incredible tech trick, but to me nothing is better than jumping a big burly gap while throwing off a hand or two.

Speaking of which, I've been working on nothings lately(for the hell of it; when I started riding that was THE trick for me) and don't have em down yet. Has anyone here pulled one, and if so, what was the biggest gap you've pulled them over?

Hucker for LIFE!

I

infantry43RIDER

Progressing... post #7
i haven't done a nothing in a very long time...so technically i really can't do them because im not consitant at all...but when i rode trails 24/7 i was working on them...

but yea i guess i will tell you what i was all doing yesterday for the fun of it...handrails to manual to barspin off curb...only did it once...im going to get some kid to film it so i can post it sometime
anyways
yea other stuff basically just trying feebles to 180 or 360 off...didn't actually ride very long yesterday.

D

Darkmana

Progressing... post #8
I`ve been trying opposite way wall-taps. (Opposite to my normal turning way), manuals, alley-oop peg grinds on the midiramp, and trying to air higher on the halfpipe.

The airs are scary and I`ve eaten it a number of times on the walltaps but otherwise it`s going well.

DM

T

Trimix

Progressing... post #9
Cool man. Good stuff. Thanks....I just wonder what others are *doing*.

F

FOL

Progressing... post #10
fell on my ass again, trying to do a manual...I hate my rear pegs when me feet sticks behind it when I fall backwards grr :D oh well, we keep on trying

E

evanc

Progressing... post #11
Why would I slap you? I do disasters all the time. They ****ing pwn.

T

Trimix

Progressing... post #12
Just figured you might, I get a little wordy sometimes when I am trying to explain something I might be excited about.

I

infantry43RIDER

Progressing... post #13
ah don't worry about it...disasters are fun.

G

Progressing... post #14
Yesterday it rained so I pushed my dad's car out of the garage and started to build a mini REALLY fast with five of my friends... We had the wood for awhile and the garage is kinda limited for space so here's the ghetto specs:

2 foot flatbottom (its sooooo tight)
14.5 feet long (tranny to tranny)
8 feet wide
4 feet tall
3 foot by 8 foot deck on one end and wallride on the other because there's not enough room for the deck.

my dad was pretty pissed when he got home but the mini still stands.

V

Vic_Vega

Progressing... post #15
Props panteraman...rocking the ghetto mini. I've kinda wanted to get into ramp riding for a while(and I mean technical ramps, not box jumps-which are my forte) because I have wanted to add a new dimension to my riding, and have been pondering a garage mini. The only problem is that there are too many nice cars in the garage :(

I

infantry43RIDER

Progressing... post #16
ah move them...get that van homan garage or yours.

V

Vic_Vega

Progressing... post #17
I'll try that Infantry...

Just an update: I am now pulling nothings fairly regularly. Once I get them dialed, I want to work on nothing can-cans...

F

FOL

Progressing... post #18
I'm feel that I'm getting more to my balance point with manual now...I just dunno how far to lean back :S.... then I rode in dogshit and now I need to clean my tire first :p

V

Vic_Vega

Progressing... post #19
Yeah riding in dogsh*t stinks, man. :lol:

I

infantry43RIDER

Progressing... post #20
wow.

good job with the nothing vic and good luck doing the nothing can can like ryan nyquist...
i can't do nothings yet...never could get them.

New Topics