?Profile ti axel for Odyssey Cassette?

• Discuss ?Profile ti axel for Odyssey Cassette? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Take it or leave it? ...
  • Tags cranks parts street
D

Deliciouspeed

?Profile ti axel for Odyssey Cassette? post #1
Take it or leave it?

F

federal_rider12

?Profile ti axel for Odyssey Cassette? post #2
dont get it unless you dont ride street, i dont really see buying any titanium parts i dont trust them at all, other then rnc crank since it has a lifetime warranty against bending and breaking. but its just alot of money for like what 3-5oz difference? its not worth its not like its going to save lots of weight if thats what your going for

D

Deliciouspeed

?Profile ti axel for Odyssey Cassette? post #3
ok cool, thanks

fitvanhoman666

fitvanhoman666

?Profile ti axel for Odyssey Cassette? post #4
i would get it, unless you slam down hard when you grind....that shouldnt be how you grind

X

XIII

?Profile ti axel for Odyssey Cassette? post #5
the RNC cranks is Aluminum...

O

oibmxpunx

?Profile ti axel for Odyssey Cassette? post #6
XIII said:
no there not they make ti cranks

F

federal_rider12

?Profile ti axel for Odyssey Cassette? post #7
rnc has aluminum arms but has titanium pedal inserts and titanium spindle

M

Mr_Shrapnel

?Profile ti axel for Odyssey Cassette? post #8
lets put it like this, if you are SUPER HARD on street, as in, so hard that you can only run g-sport hubs otherwise you will destroy any other hub, dont get the axle. however if you have never bent a 14mm cro-mo axle, want to loose some weight, and dont mind spending a whole load of money, then get it.

although i can think of several better things to spend my money on.

I

infantry43RIDER

?Profile ti axel for Odyssey Cassette? post #9
XIII said:
yea dude yea they are...i just bought some like 3 days ago...aluminum arms...with some ti parts though for the bb and pedal inserts.

F

federal_rider12

?Profile ti axel for Odyssey Cassette? post #10
Mr_Shrapnel said:
although i can think of several better things to spend my money on.
yeah $80 for an axle, wow that could be saved for my new crank which im trying to get rnc, but i got to break the one i got first

S

Slobberdoggy2

?Profile ti axel for Odyssey Cassette? post #11
I bought this axle and the weight savings over the hollow Ody axles is around 2ozs. if my scale is accurate so it's really not worth it because you can save more weight in other areas for the same price or less. I hope mine lasts, it's good to hear that some people say it will if your not super rough. Sort of a rip off that I fell into. :roll: Maybe get an excalibur fork instead or a thompson seat post if you want a better weight saving alternative.

wtp omen

wtp omen

?Profile ti axel for Odyssey Cassette? post #12
if you have the solid axle, get the hollow one.
i have the hollow axle in my odyssey cassette, and i ride street/park and do lots of feebles and stuff.
i've had the hub for about 2 months and the axle is still perfect.

if you want to save weight, buying a Ti axle is pretty pointless.
the hollow chromoly axle is much stronger than the Ti axle, and it only weighs about 2 ounces more.

if you are doing this to save weight, there are a few other things you should consider first.

if you have regular pegs (kink, animal, j-peg, or any other of the hevier pegs) then you might want to buy some lighter ones (if you ride street - kink lite, animal lite, j-peg lite, etc.) or if you aren't hard on pegs, some of the chromoly/aluminum ones.

if you have a normal seat and post, get the macneil seat/post combo

lighter stem

there are much better things that you could save weight with and not lose much/any strength.

F

federal_rider12

?Profile ti axel for Odyssey Cassette? post #13
Slobberdoggy2 said:
I bought this axle and the weight savings over the hollow Ody axles is around 2ozs. if my scale is accurate so it's really not worth it because you can save more weight in other areas for the same price or less. I hope mine lasts, it's good to hear that some people say it will if your not super rough. Sort of a rip off that I fell into. :roll: Maybe get an excalibur fork instead or a thompson seat post if you want a better weight saving alternative.
the easiest cheapest way to save 2oz is to cut down bars and/or seat post

New Topics