Profile Mini Cassette Problem

• Discuss Profile Mini Cassette Problem in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Bought a profile mini cassette hub quite a few weeks ago on a hazardlite with a ti driver. Went ridi ng yesterday and got caught out in the rain, and... ...
Brad

Brad

Profile Mini Cassette Problem post #1
Bought a profile mini cassette hub quite a few weeks ago on a hazardlite with a ti driver. Went ridi ng yesterday and got caught out in the rain, and my cassette is almost silent and it makes a weird noise when i lift the back end and spin the wheel. I really dont want to take the hub apart as it almost cost more than my bike and am skint until next month so i wont be able to get it fixed.

Peace

moldaz

moldaz

Profile Mini Cassette Problem post #2
take it apart you probably got something in the driver or something... i wouldn't ride it if its making odd noises...

F

flybikesDale

Profile Mini Cassette Problem post #3
it needs to be cleaned so tkae the driver out clean it then oil it and put it back.

Brad

Brad

Profile Mini Cassette Problem post #4
The bolts thats it behind the drop out are very very loose, i can literally unscrew them with my hands. Also my driver sticks out a little bit from the hub leaving about 1-2mm gap, im guessing loads of shit and been dragged in there.

Any tips for making my profile louder than what it came at stock:p:lol:

F

flybikesDale

Profile Mini Cassette Problem post #5
take the grease out and replace it with light oil thats what my m8 done and his is loud :p

Brad

Brad

Profile Mini Cassette Problem post #6
What kind of oil?

I want my bike to scream:lol:

moldaz

moldaz

Profile Mini Cassette Problem post #7
white lightning stuff?? i have no clue i just use 3 in one oil i put one tiny drip on each pawl on my odyssey driver and bent the c clip and its loud!!!

Brad

Brad

Profile Mini Cassette Problem post #8
Thanks, C Clip? sorry i dont know much about wheels:lol:

moldaz

moldaz

Profile Mini Cassette Problem post #9
i dont know if you should do it to a profile or not... its the little spring thing that gives the pawls tension....

H

hazaabb13

Profile Mini Cassette Problem post #10
Profiles dont use a c clip. They have individual springs under each pawl. You CAN bend these springs but i wouldnt reccomend it. Its not needed either since i run mine with oil and stock springs and its still loud!

moldaz

moldaz

Profile Mini Cassette Problem post #11
lol ok ^^ I never looked at a profile driver....

H

hazaabb13

Profile Mini Cassette Problem post #12
lol ok ^^ I never looked at a profile driver....
lol i wasnt having a go at you, was just saying how the driver works since i own one :)

moldaz

moldaz

Profile Mini Cassette Problem post #13
i know i was just saying go with what he says pretty much...

B

band aid

Profile Mini Cassette Problem post #14
i know some people will say not to do this but...take the driver out and clean it right off...then put the driver back in...there should be a like .5mm space between it and the hub once it is fully on...then just spray loads of wd-40 in the crack...it will be louder. :)

moldaz

moldaz

Profile Mini Cassette Problem post #15
I wouldn't do that because then wd-40 can get into the bearing... then your screwed

W

Worcester Joe

Profile Mini Cassette Problem post #16
Take the driver out.
When i had mine there we're a few metal shavings in there. Just left overs from the machining i guess?

Clean it out and put a tiny cover of dry lube. Wipe off all the excess and your good to go

New Topics