profile hubs

• Discuss profile hubs in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; wats up all. i had a question about the profile race hubs. i have an FBM The Joint frame which obviously has 14mm dropouts. I am getting a new back... ...
S

Summer of Fit

profile hubs post #1
wats up all. i had a question about the profile race hubs. i have an FBM The Joint frame which obviously has 14mm dropouts. I am getting a new back wheel with a profile hub. i was wondering if there was any way that i can use the race hubs, even thouh they have 3/8 axels. i didn't think it was possible but then i saw a bikecheck with someone that had a Sunday Wave and used this hub. What do you guys think?

JoeyWinkle

JoeyWinkle

profile hubs post #2
That its a bad idea......
Profiles ARE RACE HUBS.
Unless you're the smoothest park rider ever, and your not gonna ride street then buy all means do it, with a Ti axle, cos ur gonna need it. and to make it work?
maybe...Primo Andy's Nuts?
Not sure though....

Pau1

Pau1

profile hubs post #3
yea, you can. get some axle adapters. i know a guy that has a set of races on his tierra.

JoeyWinkle

JoeyWinkle

profile hubs post #4
Yeah but its not necesarily a good idea!?

S

Summer of Fit

profile hubs post #5
ya i kinda figured it wasnt.. i ride trails and never run pegs.. so i thought MAYBE i could sneak by while using them lol.

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

profile hubs post #6
those hubs will be fine IF you don't put pegs on them. i have a 3/8" unsealed axle on my back wheel and i never have any problems, but i don't run pegs. i would never run pegs on my rear wheel. there is no reason why these race hubs would not be strong enough for non-peg riding. you guys are foolish.

you need some kind of adapters or some Andy's Nuts.

Elliott

Elliott

profile hubs post #7
i have race hubs in 14mm rear dropouts with adaptors runs perfect and looks the bomb:)

G

gtbmx0222

profile hubs post #8
i actually know 5 or 6 guys that ride race axle kits w pegs and they hold up fine from the stuff ive seen them do. whereas i watched another guy that had a 14mm axle strip the nut completely off doing an icepick on a 2 foot rail from an upslope. idk what the deal with that was, just found it a bit ironic.
the ti bolts....eh, that might be pushing it a bit. remember, those bolts are holding ALL OF YOUR WEIGHT, PLUS YOUR BIKE'S WEIGHT, and thats just under normal circumstances. THEY ALSO HAVE TO TAKE THE STRESS OF A LITTLE THING CALLED LANDING.
ive noticed with chains that snapping always seems to occur at the most inconvenient times. like while at speed going down a hill. except this would be a vertical drop. and it would have to be a fairly large vertical drop to break a bolt.

chromo or ti, choose responsibly, it can mean the difference between a bolt snapping and you giving your local hospital some business.

Stephen G

Stephen G

profile hubs post #10
Don't bother with Ti bolts, those are stupid.
Cro-mo ones will hold up well.

CodyPrince

CodyPrince

profile hubs post #11
dont bother with 3 peice axle in the rear. its dangerous. imo. unless ur smooth as silk

M

Marcus Poopy

profile hubs post #12
i know 3 or 4 people who have them and have had no problems, but they are pegless. and my new profile hubset should be here on monday both 3/8ths im stokeded

CodyPrince

CodyPrince

profile hubs post #13
to my knowledge your not a heavy rider

T

twiztidbmxfreak1

profile hubs post #14
so, your riding the RACE set, not the freestyle set is what you are saying right
16tooth cog in the back?
you can replace the axle if you feel like your going to hurt something using the screw
in 3/8s
I have profiles and i love them!
Welcome to the family

fit bike co

fit bike co

profile hubs post #15
i'd suggest getting the upgrade to a 14mm axle or Ti 14mm stud things

TOM_L

TOM_L

profile hubs post #16
to my knowledge your not a heavy rider
No it isnt. If you dont run pegs they are absolutley fine. I have been running mine for over a year now and sometimes with pegs and it is just fine.

To answer the original posters question, I have a joint and a profile mini with the 3 piece axle I just use the little axle adapater washers and they work fine. I had to file mine down just a touch becasue they were to wide for my dropout which was causing my wheel to slip but once I filed them it was perfect.

New Topics