Profile evolution bracket?

• Discuss Profile evolution bracket? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Has anyone tried this bracket or one like it. It says they're for normal brackets and look a lot easier to dis/assemble. The guy at the bike shop (not... ...
B

bruisedbob

Profile evolution bracket? post #1
Has anyone tried this bracket or one like it. It says they're for normal brackets and look a lot easier to dis/assemble. The guy at the bike shop (not where I'm getting it) says they creak a little due to threading together in side the bracket. If that's all the bad news I might try it.

D

Deliciouspeed

Profile evolution bracket? post #2
That thing is counter productive if you ask me, why buy a euro set up to drop weight if your gonna install some big ass cups with em? Their even bigger than cups.

B

bruisedbob

Profile evolution bracket? post #3
I am not trying to save weight and it says the bb is normal not euro. Just wanted to know if there are any other problems besides creaking. I really just want it for ease of assembly.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Profile evolution bracket? post #4
the evo is great, you have the ease of installation of a euro but the strength of a american bb, how can you loose?

ok so it may be a LITTLE heavier, than a standard american bb, but its worth it.

B

bruisedbob

Profile evolution bracket? post #5
As long as it's strong and smooth. If weight was an issue, then I'd get rid of the frame. 2001 Nyquist Backtrail, but it just jumps too well. The one-pieces have only held up for two months of semi-hard riding.

F

federal_rider12

Profile evolution bracket? post #6
yeah its cool, a euro bottom bracket ease of installation built for american bottom bracket. i havent heard of any problems with them but i have like ran into nobody who has it.

only downside to me is that it only works on 19mm(3/4") spindles, but ill stick with just a regular american bottom bracket

B

bruisedbob

Profile evolution bracket? post #7
only downside to me is that it only works on 19mm(3/4") spindles, but ill stick with just a regular american bottom bracket
Maybe a stupid question but what is the difference?

D

Deliciouspeed

Profile evolution bracket? post #8
Has there been some rash of issues with the american type BB that people are now needing heavier duty options?

T

Todd

Profile evolution bracket? post #9
Do you really need to spend all that money on a new bottom bracket when there is nothing more than easy installation? Aren't these bottom brackets like 600 dollars or something? That's absolutely retarded to buy especially because bottom brackets aren't the sort of thing you put in and take out a lot.

B

bruisedbob

Profile evolution bracket? post #10
Actually it's only 50 dollars as an upgrade from Albes. Retarded, no.

T

Todd

Profile evolution bracket? post #11
Oh, for 50 dollars go for it, not too many people have used them yet, so if you can, test it, see what you think, maybe that's the way these things are going in the future.

New Topics