problems with my new handle bars + stem

• Discuss problems with my new handle bars + stem in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; my handle bars wont stay tight for me and everytime i land they move and im getting tired of falling this much. so any advice?:( ...
kevinwewe

kevinwewe

problems with my new handle bars + stem post #1
my handle bars wont stay tight for me and everytime i land they move and im getting tired of falling this much. so any advice?:(

fluorescent

fluorescent

problems with my new handle bars + stem post #2
You need the stem plate to be clamped down on the bars equally In each corner. Screw the bolts in till they're hand tight, and make sure the front plate of the stem has an equal gap at the top and either sides from the main stem, if this makes sense. When you screw them in, they all need to be tightened down evenly, so you need to tighten them a half turn at a time in this order:

--1----4--
-----------
--3----2--

(that's as if you are looking at the front plate of the stem and each number is a bolt)

ruzakruzak

ruzakruzak

problems with my new handle bars + stem post #3
and get a loooong allen key, maybe yours is too short so you can't transmit enough strengh

K

Karl H. Marx

problems with my new handle bars + stem post #4
Lightly sand the paint off the knurling in the bars.

tokenbrownman

tokenbrownman

problems with my new handle bars + stem post #5
if none of the above works then your stem sucks....

ruzakruzak

ruzakruzak

problems with my new handle bars + stem post #6
:lol: Got it...

i ride shadow

i ride shadow

problems with my new handle bars + stem post #7
if none of them work put grip tape where ur bars meet your stem

ruzakruzak

ruzakruzak

problems with my new handle bars + stem post #8
Or drown the shit under loads of superglue

Y

YahooNotSerious

problems with my new handle bars + stem post #9
If you have a short allen key (or weak hands)you can get more leverage by using a standard shifter spanner as a pinch bar, most shifters have a round hole in the reverse end; slip this over the end of the allen key. You will still need to hold the allen key in position but it takes a lot of the effort out of it. Careful not to use too much force and thread the nut though.

Levimoody

Levimoody

problems with my new handle bars + stem post #10
Or drown the shit under loads of superglue
Dude, shut up. You have NO clue what your talking about. Super glue is slippery after it dries and doesn't take much to break the hold super glue has then you just have it worse.

I would suggest sanding the paint off where the bars and stem meet. Did that with my oddy skim milk and it did wonders even tho the stem was a waste of money.

kevinwewe

kevinwewe

problems with my new handle bars + stem post #11
i got them to stick after i sanded off some of the paint thx for the help =]

New Topics