Problem with crank

• Discuss Problem with crank in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I think something is bent on my crank because the chain tension is nice and loose but then you turn the pedals half a turn and the tension is really... ...
G

Guitar_dude23

Problem with crank post #1
I think something is bent on my crank because the chain tension is nice and loose but then you turn the pedals half a turn and the tension is really tight. What could be wrong?? I think it might be my cheap 1 peice crank.

gorgorothrider

gorgorothrider

Problem with crank post #2
i think your sprocket is bended

T

Trimix

Problem with crank post #3
Guitar_dude23 said:
I think something is bent on my crank because the chain tension is nice and loose but then you turn the pedals half a turn and the tension is really tight. What could be wrong?? I think it might be my cheap 1 peice crank.
Great sounds like it is working perfect. LOL I just ignore it.

B

bones

Problem with crank post #4
its ur sprocket take it off and whack it in a vice do the vice up nice and tight then spin the sprocket round and do the other side :p

Sjase

Sjase

Problem with crank post #5
Trimix said:
Guitar_dude23 said:
Great sounds like it is working perfect. LOL I just ignore it.
Yep, same thing here. I also ignore it and adjusted the chaintension in such a way that it's never too tight. Ik also put on some protective foam/rubber on the frame to prevent chain noise.
Problem is caused by play when mounting the sprocket on the crank. Because the hole of the sprocket is a little bit bigger than the crank it's almost never exactly in the middle.

I

infantry43RIDER

Problem with crank post #6
yea its definitely the sprocket...really no big deal...i pretty much do what everyone else seems to do and ignore it...unless of course it gets really bad...then you just need to either deovalize it (eh...) or get a new sprocket.

K

keep it real

Problem with crank post #7
there are like crap all sprockets out on the market that are perfectly stright, i dont know if any are exactly perfectly straight... Blah

renegade

renegade

Problem with crank post #8
not really a big deal prob , like everbody said the sproket

New Topics