pro bmx

• Discuss pro bmx in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; anytime during a race, do the pros at all use their seats? ...
  • Tags bike bmx pro bmx
S

sentaafEQpovar

pro bmx post #1
anytime during a race, do the pros at all use their seats?

M

Mr_Shrapnel

pro bmx post #2
i really dont know,as i dont race, but, i dont really see why they should do.

S

sentaafEQpovar

pro bmx post #3
well i was thinking, why dont they have custom made frames that dont have seatposts and seats to save wieght?

I

infantry43RIDER

pro bmx post #4
yes they ride with seats.
its probally more of a saftey thing that anything else.

D

DirtyDC

pro bmx post #5
The ABA requires you to use a seat...for good reasons.
The only time a seat is really used is on the gate and after you cross the finish line (unless you're doing a few tricks and need to pinch the seat)

R

rocket

pro bmx post #6
sentaafEQpovar said:
well i was thinking, why dont they have custom made frames that dont have seatposts and seats to save wieght?
Back in the early to mid 90's GT made a seat-less racing frame...it was on a cover of BMX Plus as a complete. the top tube was continuous and went right into the seat stays. it also had a carbon fiber rear fender. there was a lot of hype about the seat-less bike just like front shocks and disc brakes were. A few big name pros tried it out but it never caught on. two reasons that i remember were "it simply felt weird not having a seat" (even though its not used during the race) the other was, "after the finish line you want to sit down as if its a basic instinct."
So that was pretty much the history on the first and only "seat tubeless" frame that i know of.

S

sentaafEQpovar

pro bmx post #7
thank you for the knowledge sir... and i can imagine how u would want to sit down after a race, i bet ur sponsers would be really pissed if u were standing up holding the trophy with your bike laying flat on the floor

C

casperh

pro bmx post #8
this was a very interesting topic guys

New Topics