Primo V-Monster

• Discuss Primo V-Monster in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I went to my LBS today and grabbed a pair of these tires. They seem to ride really smooth. Thing is, I was planning to buy a 20x2.10 but my LBS said... ...
E

essjbmx

Primo V-Monster post #1
I went to my LBS today and grabbed a pair of these tires. They seem to ride really smooth. Thing is, I was planning to buy a 20x2.10 but my LBS said that it's not so much of a differ so I didn't buy it. They didn't carry any dirt/trails tires so I couldn't get a hold of one. Anyways, my question is, I pumped my V-Monsters to 60psi. Should I go a little higher since the range is 45~65psi?

G

grafittijunkie

Primo V-Monster post #2
you can pump it to 65 max. are you riding trails?

E

essjbmx

Primo V-Monster post #3
I might head over to the trails once in awhile, but I doubt I'll stay long. So just pump to 65 max?

AustinK

AustinK

Primo V-Monster post #4
ya 65 is good.
I have seen v monsters run at 130 without problem but i just blew out my v monster at 80.

TheAzMyster

TheAzMyster

Primo V-Monster post #5
i run my v-monsters at 60 its fine for street and park

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

Primo V-Monster post #6
you can easily run v-monsters a LOT higher than 60. i never ride with my tires below 70psi.

A-J

A-J

Primo V-Monster post #7
v monsters do hold more, but the increase of them blowing and ripping apart are alot higher than if you were to run just 60

B0N0

B0N0

Primo V-Monster post #8
i run mine at 100psi

H

Hermes

Primo V-Monster post #9
if you want to

E

essjbmx

Primo V-Monster post #10
It seems like you guys are running it so much higher then the PSI limit. Would anything happen though? Is the chances of getting a flat tire higher or lower?

A-J

A-J

Primo V-Monster post #11
less chances of you getting a punchure, but higher chance of it exploding, you can ride with higher psi, but as soon as your riding, if you see a bulg appear get of ya bike and let your tire down.
mine blew out on me and it made me fall n hurt myself

E

essjbmx

Primo V-Monster post #12
less chances of you getting a punchure, but higher chance of it exploding, you can ride with higher psi, but as soon as your riding, if you see a bulg appear get of ya bike and let your tire down.
mine blew out on me and it made me fall n hurt myself
Ouch, I don't think I want my tube+tire to explode. Thanks for the tip. :) Going a bit over 65 will be fine right?

A-J

A-J

Primo V-Monster post #13
if its for the front 75 tops, back 80 tops, personally i prefer to run atleast 90 in the back, n i wiegh in at 9 n half stone, which isnt heavy, but i like as you roll faster, i get something which can hold more

C

ChinnyBKR

Primo V-Monster post #14
Good tire but wears down hella fast.

AustinK

AustinK

Primo V-Monster post #15
I ran mine at 80 in the back and the side wall blew out after landing a nose manny on flat.

Also they do wear fast if you skid around on asphalt.

If you keep the pressure around 70 you should have no problems.

I did get a ton of punctures when i ran a v monster though.

E

essjbmx

Primo V-Monster post #16
I ran mine at 80 in the back and the side wall blew out after landing a nose manny on flat.

Also they do wear fast if you skid around on asphalt.

If you keep the pressure around 70 you should have no problems.

I did get a ton of punctures when i ran a v monster though.
I was hoping that my LBS had some Primo Walls but there weren't any in stock and the V-Monsters were there. I'll pump it up to around 70 tomorrow before I go out for a ride. Then again, the parts on my bike is out-dated from the ones that are on the market today.

AustinK

AustinK

Primo V-Monster post #17
the v monster is better then the wall. It is a bit faster plus it is way lighter.

They are good tires, i just like high pressure tires better

A-J

A-J

Primo V-Monster post #18
there not better than the wall, the walls last long much longer, and i never got a puncture in mine.. and in my v monsters i got a few, there ok for a front tire, but not really for the back

B0N0

B0N0

Primo V-Monster post #19
there not better than the wall, the walls last long much longer, and i never got a puncture in mine.. and in my v monsters i got a few, there ok for a front tire, but not really for the back
i wore my wall down a lot quicker than my v-monster and i haven't had punctures in ether

New Topics